MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old June 16th, 2006, 01:30 AM

Intel D915GAG compatability WinXP Pro

Just upgrade system with an Intel D915GAG motherboard and microedit 5.5.
The setup test 5.5 is reporting interupt test failed and is slow PCI tranfers at greater than 0.400 usec/dword transfers.
Is there a problem with this board or is there some kind of workaround.
have tried disabling just about everything possible in the BIOS.
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator

MTUSUPPORT is on vacation, but even he probably can't answer this one.

I am assuming you have a Kristal DSP card which is a PCI-slot card, not the older DSP56K ISA-slot card.

The Kristal card uses the Motorola 56301 DSP chip with its PCI-bus interface. This chip had some problems with some PCI-bus implementations. We always had to pick the motherboard we sold in workstations, and recommended. I don't know what is now available.

It sounds like you are quite technically capable. However, we no longer have any technical staff that can answer your question.

It may be easier to try a different motherboard. I don't know any way you could make the Krystal card work in a motherboard when it was incompatible. I believe it is at the hardware level, buss timing probably, that prevents operation. This timing is integral to the entire motherboards' performance. The Motorola 56301 was first shipped in 1997 to us (one of the first customers to recieve product), and we discontinued production before 2000. This was due to Motorola discontinuing the 56401 Digital Audio interface chip that was integral to the Krystal board. It was the clock that drove all audio timing circuits.

Maybe someone else can throw out a better suggestion here.
Old June 18th, 2006, 09:32 PM

Thanks for that.
I am assuming that because this motherboard is new and has PCIexpress slots as well that there may be a conflict relating to the Krystal card.
I will be trying an older model Intel motherboard to see if that works.
Old June 19th, 2006, 04:40 PM

The tests did not work under XP. They only worked correctly under 95 and 98. So this is not reliable.

The only way to find out if it will work on this system is to try running Microeditor. If it opens and runs, then it should be ok. If you get lockups, during record or playback, where you have to power the system down, this would be the board. I would then try the Krystal board in different PCI slots on that motherboard to see if you can find one that will work.

If a newer board will work, that one should do it. We have used that board in the past and I hope it will work. Let us know if it does or not.