MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 6th, 2017, 03:28 PM

5.20.02 Potential Problem With Computer Shutdown

I just upgraded to Hoster 5.20.02 and when I use the program and then shutdown my computer, the screen indicates \\\"Shutting down\\\", but the computer doesn\\\'t turn off.

In fact, yesterday I downloaded 5.20.02 and updated my songbooks because the program is now set up to print the IDs bold automatically. When I finished enjoying this new feature, and tried to shut down my computer, but I didn\\\'t wait until it turned off. This morning when I went out to my studio room, the computer was on indicating \\\"Shutting down\\\". I held down the power button for about 15 seconds and the computer shut down.

I\\\'ve played with the computer and I have learned that I can open MicroStudio and other programs, and shut down the computer with no problems. The only problem I have is if I open Hoster the computer will not shut down.

I made a dumb mistake and after checking out 5.20.02 on my main computer, but before I tried to turn it off, I also installed 5.20.02 on my back up computer. So, I was not able to compare the old version against the new version. However, I was able to be confident that it\\\'s not a problem with my main computer, because I get the exact results with the backup computer.:

So, while I like the update features, and of course the fact that the IDs are now bold in the songbooks, I\\\'d like to be able to shut down using the normal procedure. Yes, I can still shut it down, so all is not lost.

Thanks for any input,

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old April 6th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: 5.20.02 Potential Problem With Computer Shutdown

That\'s probably because when you shut Hoster down normally by either X out or File/Exit you are presented with a question box asking if you want to save the Rotation to open next time with two choices which you have to answer Yes Or No.

If you just try and shut the computer down it wont shut down unless you answer those questions.

If you dont want it to keep asking you this then close Hoster via the X in the top right corner then you should see this message box which also has a tick box, ticking that box and choosing the way you always want it to close in the future will stop that box appearing in future and always shut down without further confirmation.
Hope this helps.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 6th, 2017, 07:14 PM

Roy,

As you can tell, I went for the upgrade based on the update for printing with bold IDs.

I tried what you suggested to get the computer to shut down, but when I click on \\\"X\\\" in the upper right conner, or on \\\"exit\\\" after opening \\\"file\\\", Hoster shuts down with no questions that require any decision. Of course, the compute takes me directly to the computer\\\'s main screen.

I did use the \\\"X\\\" in the upper right while a song was playing in Hoster and I did get the question asking if I wanted to exit, YES or NO. When I pushed \\\"yes\\\", I got the same box as the old version with the \\\"Thanks for Singing\\\".

Do you have any other trick I might use?

Thanks again for being there,

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

So are you saying if you close Hoster by X out first then your computer will then shut down as normal ?

When you shut down the computer without first closing Hoster and you see the Shutting down message, do you get anything else on the screen other than (Shutting Down) ?

I am not able at the moment to replicate your problem so it might be some setting you have on yours that is set different to mine.

Could you attach some screen shots from the Settings Dialog one from the General tab & one from the Playlist Tab. And Also one from the Show display Intermission view ?

Which version did you upgrade from ?

I will report this to support as you may have found a bug.
In the mean time make sure you always close Hoster before shutting computer down.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; April 7th, 2017 at 04:35 AM.
Old April 7th, 2017, 09:37 AM

Roy,

What I wrote is when I shut down Hoster using either the upper right \\\\\\\"X\\\\\\\" or go through File to use \\\\\\\"exit\\\\\\\", in both cases Hoster shuts down, but I don\\\\\\\'t get any question like you indicated. So, there is nothing for me to select. I can continue to use the computer, but when I try to shut down the computer, it will not shut down until I push the power button for about 10 seconds.

Now, if I am in the middle of playing a song, and I click on the \\\\\\\"X\\\\\\\" in the upper right, I get the same message about \\\\\\\"Do I Really Want to Exit exit Hoster\\\\\\\". If I select \\\\\\\"yes\\\\\\\" Hoster will shut down with the message: \\\\\\\"Thanks for Singing With Us\\\\\\\" and when I shut down the computer it will sometimes shut down and other times it will not shut down. Not sure what that is all about.

During all these actions, I have never seen the question related to \\\\\\\"Save the Rotation to open next time with two choices which you have to answer Yes Or No\\\\\\\".

As I\\\\\\\'ve mentioned in the past, I\\\\\\\'m not a Pro, so for me it\\\\\\\'s no big deal, and it might not be for a Pro, it\\\\\\\'s just not normal.

Thanks again, and yes I still am a fan of Hoster.

Wes

P.S. It seems that Instant Email Notification does not work for me.

Last edited by Wrahn; April 7th, 2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old April 7th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn View Post

During all these actions, I have never seen the question related to (Save the Rotation to open next time with two choices which you have to answer Yes Or No).

That Question about save rotation only appears if you have Rotation feature activated in the playlist settings and only if you never ticked the box to always select the same option.

As both of your computers are doing the same and I cant make mine do the same I wondered if it might be something you have setup different in your Hoster settings, thats why I asked for some screen shots so that I could duplicate your settings and see if I get the same problem.
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Would you be able to post some images of your Settings and Show Display tabs for comparison? If it is easier, you can save the screenshots as image files on your PC, zip them all together, and post them here as one file.
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:58 AM

Hope this is what you wanted. I had the latest version until I download this upgrade.

Wes
P.S. I opened Hoster to access MTU Communities to capture and then load the attachments. After I loaded these screen shots from Hoster, I shut down Hoster and then my computer and my computer shut down in about 10 seconds with out pushing the power button.

The only difference between this time and all the other times, is I did NOT play any song while Hoster was open. I did it on both computers and they both had the same reaction when shutting down.
Attached Images
File Type: png Display.PNG (34.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Playlist.PNG (27.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Setting.PNG (26.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Wrahn; April 7th, 2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Administrator

So, perhaps it has to do with playing songs. Please try that and let us know how that goes. Meanwhile, Roy and I can be looking into your settings files.
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Since it may have to do with playing songs, would you mind grabbing screenshots of the Lyrics, Audio and Video Show Display settings as well?

Just a hint at grabbing screenshots: If you press and hold the Ctrl and Alt keys then press Print Screen (PrtScr), you will only capture the active window. That way, you do not have to do any editing using MS Paint – or whatever tool you choose. But it is totally up to you.
Old April 7th, 2017, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the advice on screen shots, but it did not work for me. I used Snipping Tool. My last Hoster version before updating was 5.41.01.

Once again, here are the screen shots.

Thanks to you and Roy for all the help,

Wes
Attached Images
File Type: png Audio 2.PNG (29.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Lyrics.PNG (28.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Video.PNG (28.8 KB, 5 views)

Old April 7th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

I have set mine up the same as yours and played a couple of songs but my computer still shuts down as normal.

Could you grab another screen shot of the Tools/Settings/ Audio dialog.

When you play these files are they from a saved Playlist ?
If so could you try starting from an empty list and just add a few fresh songs and see if it acts the same ?
Old April 7th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Also, what types of files are you playing? Videos? MP3+G?

Are they from your Song Database? If so, how did you index them? As KMA or KMH?
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:05 PM

I have 3,673 songs. Most of my songs are indexed as kma files which came mostly from CD+Gs which I imported into Hoster. I have no videos and only a few HDBIN, HDZIP and HDMP3G songs.

I played my songs from a playlist and then as requested opened a new playlist twice and used SEARCH to load songs onto the playlist. After playing a couple songs each time, I used exit and them shut down the computer with negative results.

In truth, I have gotten inconsistant results on both computers both playing a song and no song, as well as, swithing which exit I use.

Maybe I should have upgraded to 5.50.01 first and then upgraded to .02.

Any contined thanks for the help you both are giving me.

Wes
Attached Images
File Type: png Tools Settings Audio.PNG (23.0 KB, 8 views)

Old April 12th, 2017, 10:49 AM

Smile Re: 5.20.02 Potential Problem With Computer Shutdown

UPDATE

I now do NOT any of the problems I had before. Not sure what fixed the problem, but this is what I did. First, I ran WEBROOT on both computers and then I looked at my installed programs and deleted those that I didn\'t need and were years old. When doing this on my MASTER computer, I noticed that I stll had 5.41.05 on my computer. So, I downloaded the program, CCleaner, and ran CLEANER. I then ran REGISTRY and checked my installed programs and 5.41.05 was deleted. and 5.50.02 was active.

I did the same to my BACKUP computer and then noticed 5.50.02 was gone and 5.41.05 was active. Not sure what happened, but I no longer have the problem turning off either computer. I\'m happy with the current results and will now think about downloading 5.50.02 onto my BACKUP computer.

I\'m also thankfull to Roy and dclark for all the time the spent on trying to help me. dclark is new to me, however, Roy has been there many times before to help me and others.

Thanks to both of you,

Wes

Old April 12th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Administrator

I am glad you are working better. Thanks for sharing the steps you took. Perhaps this will help others in the future.

Yes, Roy is a fantastic resource for all things Hoster, and MTU software for that matter. We are all fortunate that he steps in and offers up his knowledge whenever possible.
Old April 12th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Its nice to be appreciated and gives me satisfaction when I do manage to help anyone.

Also thanks for letting us know how you resolved the issue.

I will close this thread now.
Closed Thread