MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 7th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Songs that have been indexed not showing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceYourEvents View Post
When I initially couldnt get things to work, I did index things on the second system (Thinkpad), probably several times over several years. I thought that by using the Restore feature that it would cancel out any specific things I did on that 2nd computer.
Your correct there, it should providing the actual song files follow exactly the same file path.

I see what you mean about the file path. I do have that file under the address as I said but it must be finding a different one which I dont understand as I thought the Restore would point it to the same file as in the Precision 4800. [b]Again it should and I\\\'m a bit puzzled myself.

As for your last question, I am sorry but not sure I understand how to answer.
see my attachment showing yours modified.
Does that explain it better.
See if you can attach these files:
Open the Hoster data folder and look for HosterInfoIndexed.ini file and copy it and paste into a folder and then rename it to Precision.txt
Then do the same on the Thinkpad, paste it into the same folder but name it Thinkpad.txt then see if you can attach the folder to your reply. Then I can look through the 2 files see if I can spot something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modified copy of your attachment.jpg (156.5 KB, 0 views)
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 8th, 2017, 01:48 AM

Thanks for your help Roy,

I found the areas you are speaking of but don\'t know how to send a folder. When I try to just send the Precision.txt it says my file is invalid.
Old March 8th, 2017, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Try doing it like this.
Insert a usb stick into the precision laptop open it in Windows, Right click in it, from the menu select New then compressed zip folder, once you have created the zip folder copy and paste the precision.txt into it. Now plug the usb stick into the think pad and open it again then copy the Thinkpad .txt into it so both files are in the New zip folder. Now try attaching the zip folder to your reply.

Getting back to the modified attachment I added in last post, do you not see what I mean about that bottom song might be a copy of the highlighted one as it has the same title ?
I was asking if that is the same song does that play or also return the error message ?

I actually think the problem is the KMA Files folder (The whole Folder including Sub folders) is not a complete match of the one on your other computer.
Which basically would mean deleting the whole folder on the Bad computer and copy the whole folder from the good computer over again.
Alternately if you have the room on your bad computer rename the KMA files folder to BadKMA files as a tempory backup, then recopy the KMA files folder from the good computer. Then see if it works OK, if it does then you can delete the tempory copy that you renamed.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 8th, 2017, 08:48 AM

I will try the thumb drive thing as soon as I get back to the apartment. As for the bad folders, after a few times of trying different things I did delete all of the 2016 and 2017 folders on the bad computers then copied the entire 2016 and 2017 onto it from the Precision. It still did the \"file not found\".
Old March 8th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceYourEvents View Post
I will try the thumb drive thing as soon as I get back to the apartment. As for the bad folders, after a few times of trying different things I did delete all of the 2016 and 2017 folders on the bad computers then copied the entire 2016 and 2017 onto it from the Precision. It still did the \\\\\\\"file not found\\\\\\\".
That is because as I said before, that file that you showed in your attachment, the error. Is not in the 2016 or 2017 folder, its in the root folder. You need to look in there for XYZ1017-38 copy that and paste it direct in your root folder of the other computer. if that then works then you will probably find you did the same for all the other missing files.

One other thing you can check, when you open the 2017 folder do you see a matching .kmh file for each zip file in it ?
Example:XYZ1017-38-Runaway Jane - Lipstick.zip and
XYZ1017-38-Runaway Jane - Lipstick.kmh
The folder must contain both the kmh file and either zip file or if not imported as zip an mp3, cdg and a kmh file.