MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 22nd, 2017, 06:12 PM

Wrong song titles on burned disks

When I burn a karaoke cd the title and artist are totally different than what I have selected to burn. When I import the cd back into the default folder it also shows the wrong song title and artist. When I play the song in Microstudio it is the correct song but with the wrong title and artist. Where does Microstudio get the totally wrong title and artist from? Title and artist I have never heard of.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Wrong song titles on burned disks

If you Burn a disc using the write disc function of Microstudio it burns it as a standard format CD+G disc which do not store individual Title or Artist info in the track, they are just named as Track01.cda with the track # incremented for each track.
If you purchase an original Disc from any major supplier they will always be in that format.
These play in standard CD+G players.

MP3+G tracks on the other hand retain the title and artist info of the original file, these type of files can be burned direct to disc without the need for a special software ( Just copy and paste)but not all old karaoke players will play them although most new players will.

When you put an original CD+G disc into Microstudio it will try its best to find a matching disc in an online database, it cant do that with customized discs as it cant match the data with the online database, usually it will just show as track01.

If you open the Tools Menu you will see a tick box for (Enable Database Lookup) when that is ticked it will try to find the Title and Artist info from an online database but will only return the correct data with manufactures discs not custom made discs or ones you have made yourself.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.