MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old October 4th, 2016, 08:06 AM

Moved to Windows10- lost all pointers

I'm running Hoster on Bootcamp on a Mac Powerbook. I had to upgrade the MS OS to Windows 10 so, after reading several posts on the forum, I uninstalled Hoster while connected to the internet. After the upgrade to Windows 10, I reinstalled the latest version of Hoster that I had already downloaded and used previously. When installing, it never gives an option to select a folder for a previous installation. So instead of the install calling all the files, songs, etc. that were installed in a directory C:\MTU ti creates a default data folder under C:\ProgramData\mtu.com\Hoster. So that loses all my songs, instabuttons, etc.
I tried resinstalling several times but don't see how to specify where the program should install. How can I "reclaim" all my saved info without having to re-index everything? I literally uninstalled, upgraded to Windows 10, then need to reinstall with no other changes having occurred on the PC.
Thanks
Old October 4th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Moved to Windows10- lost all pointers

When you reinstalled did you tick the bottom box of the 2 boxes to "clear all saved settings" ?
If so that would have deleted all your settings and instabuttons.

I'm not familiar with Mac but uninstalling normally leaves the main Hoster data folder in tacked.
So if you think you originally installed it to a different folder I should use search and see if you have another "Hoster" folder (this contains all the data bases and other data)
If you find it just paste it in place of the one now in C:\ProgramData\mtu.com\Hoster. That should replace all but your instabuttons as they are stored in the registry.

Too late now but there is a Backup/Restore accessible from the Help Menu, next time use that to create a backup on a separate disc then easily restore all settings.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 4th, 2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
When you reinstalled did you tick the bottom box of the 2 boxes to "clear all saved settings" ?
If so that would have deleted all your settings and instabuttons.

I'm not familiar with Mac but uninstalling normally leaves the main Hoster data folder in tacked.
So if you think you originally installed it to a different folder I should use search and see if you have another "Hoster" folder (this contains all the data bases and other data)
If you find it just paste it in place of the one now in C:\ProgramData\mtu.com\Hoster. That should replace all but your instabuttons as they are stored in the registry.

Too late now but there is a Backup/Restore accessible from the Help Menu, next time use that to create a backup on a separate disc then easily restore all settings.
Roy-
Did not check the tickboxes to clear saved settings.
Moved the contents of C:\MTU to the C:ProgramData\mtu.com\Hoster directory and replaced the files it asked if I wanted to replace.
Opened Hoster up, still no songs or instabuttons but it did have 3 "unavailable" songs in the playlist.
Looks like I'm going to have to index everything again. I have a mixture of KMA and KMH files in a multitude of folders. Anything I should watch out for?
Old October 4th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

What I would do is open the Build database dialog, if there are any folders already in the list of folders I would first remove them, then when and if its already empty use the rebuild database button, this will build an empty database first then use the Add folders or Add folders/subfolders buttons and it should build the database as the folders are added.

Or if when you open the rebuild database dialog if it looks like the file list is correct just use the rebuild database button.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 5th, 2016, 07:05 AM

Roy-
I just went ahead and rebuilt the database- the first time I selected the top level songfiles folder and chose the folders/subfolders button but it only loaded the songfiles in the top level folder, not the subfolders. So I removed the folder from the list and did it again and all the songs were loaded. I spent a few minutes changing the look and setup and now it should be good to go. Thanks!
Closed Thread