MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 24th, 2016, 09:10 AM

How Do I Get The Music To Start Within, Say, 2 Sec?

Hi Everyone.

Is using "REMOVE SILENCE MODE" the only way to shorten the time at the start of a song, before the music starts?

I play Solo Guitar/Singing over my Karaoke tracks, and I have been using "REMOVE SILENCE MODE" to shorten the time because most Karaoke tracks don't start for up to 13 seconds, which is far too long between songs.

Q. Is there another, better way to do this?

Thank you

Laptop Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Video Cards:
1x Intel(R)HD Graphics 4600
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Audio Card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points
Old September 24th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Re: How Do I Get The Music To Start Within, Say, 2 Sec?

Not that I know of. The remove silence mode allows you to set a predetermined time before the music starts from 0 to 9.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 26th, 2016, 12:46 AM

Hi Roy,

firstly, I've been wanting to acknowledge you for your videos. I've only just realized it was you.
Your videos have been a real big help. Thank you

2ndly, I looked at the "Remove Silence Feature" window and I can't see where you can adjust the time? I've written whats on that window:

PART 1.
Set Start-End Points to Remove Silence

Karaoke KMH/KMA songs in the Songs.mdb Database are processed to set points in each song where the audio starts and ends to allow playing them without silence.

Run this each time you Import or Merge new songs into your Songs.mdb Database.

Process: Karaoke Songs START Est: Time: 0:00
Karaoke Videos
Other Videos You can cancel at any time.
Running again starts at the next file ....

I never did this until the other day. When I finished, the songs still take 09 - 13 sec to start?

Karaoke KMH/KMA songs in the Songs.mdb Database are processed to set points in each song where the audio starts and ends to allow playing them without silence.

Q.1. Am I misunderstanding this process? Is this process just "Marking/Acknowledging" the "Start & End" points of the Audio?....That's it? It doesn't actually prepare the song to start as soon as I push Play?

Q.2. What happens if I don't do it?

PART 2.

Select Hoster Play Mode

NORMAL PLAY MODE
Play Karaoke KMH/KMA files from their natural start to finish, ignoring any Start-End points set above.

REMOVE SILENCE MODE
Play Karaoke KMH/KMA files from the Start point, finishing at their End point set above or in the Edit Songs to remove leading/trailing silence.

NORMAL PLAY MODE This I understand.

REMOVE SILENCE MODE Now this, I'm struggling to understand.

Please correct me if I'm wrong:
1. Set Start-End Points to Remove Silence This just sets the Start & End Points". This does NOT mean the "Audio" will start straight away when I push "Play".

2. REMOVE SILENCE MODE This is suppose to "Remove" the Silence at the "Points" made in the above process, therefore, the Audio should start at the points set.

I would really love to understand this whole process.

With my Solo gigs, I want the Audio to start around 2 sec after I push Play.

Gee, I hope you can understand all my questions Roy hehe I do thank you so much for all your help.

Ps: Have you done a video on this? Heck, I just thought of it haha

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Last edited by kiwisinger; September 26th, 2016 at 12:52 AM.
Old September 26th, 2016, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisinger View Post
I never did this until the other day. When I finished, the songs still take 09 - 13 sec to start?
Are you letting it run to the finish ? it can take hours, might need to run it overnight.

Q.1. Am I misunderstanding this process? Is this process just "Marking/Acknowledging" the "Start & End" points of the Audio?....That's it? It doesn't actually prepare the song to start as soon as I push Play?

Q.2. What happens if I don't do it?

If you don't do it then the songs play without silence removed.
I attach a couple of screen shots of my own remove silence dialog and edit screens looking at these may help you.
The first line of text got cut short at top It read "This is where you see the amount of seconds before the music starts, it basically Adds"

I'm off on holiday this morning till the end of month so may not be able to assist you further till then.
Have patience and let the remove silence run it's full cycle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Start and end silence..jpg (348.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Edit dialog view of settings.jpg (552.0 KB, 7 views)
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 27th, 2016, 05:16 AM

Hi Roy,

thank you for your time & help. I understand now the importance of getting the 'Start-End" points done.

But I'm still really struggling to understand why I still have some songs that wont play till around 10 - 13sec, even after I've done the process below for that particular song:

* Tools
* Edit Songs. Typed in the song
* Highlighted the song and clicked "Start"
* Apply Changes
* Close

I've played the song with "Remove Silence Mode" applied, and also "Normal Play Mode" applied, and still plays at 11 sec?

I think I've followed your instructions, but I don't know what else to do?

Cheers Roy.

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old September 27th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Are you playing a track that was already in the play list before you removed silence ?
If so that might account why it's not reconising the change, try loading it again via the search see if that helps.
Old September 27th, 2016, 09:52 PM

Thank you, thank you Roy! Yes! I got it sorted! haha and I could not have done it without you!

I knew the problem was with me not doing something right.

I looked at your pictures again and saw in the "Remove Silence Feature" window, right at the bottom where it says: "Add Silence Between Songs" I had that set high, thinking if I had Hoster set to Auto, at least I would have time for the next song. I've now set it to 2 sec start, and 1 sec end, as in your picture. DONE! hehe

I will say tho, the description "Add Silence Between Songs" thru me. I thought that was setting the time between songs, as it suggests.
I'm so happy you've helped me understand this now. Thank you Roy

Q.1. Is there a way of knowing/showing if all my files have been processed for "Start-End" points?

Q.2. If a bulk of all my files aren't processed, how do I go back and do that?

Ps: Just watched more of your videos too. I've learnt so much from them. Thank you for all your time and effort you've put into your videos. I for one, all the way down'under in New Zealand, and I'm sure there are 10's of 1000's of Hoster users, really appreciate your videos! You're a real asset and a blessing to this company

Thank you again Roy for all your time and help. Bless ya heaps!

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old September 28th, 2016, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisinger View Post
Q.1. Is there a way of knowing/showing if all my files have been processed for "Start-End" points?

Q.2. If a bulk of all my files aren't processed, how do I go back and do that?
!
1) As in the edit dialog that I show in post#4, the column for S-E set shows "yes".
If you enter "*" character in the find box it will list your whole database, clicking on the header of the S-E Set column will sort that column between yes and no or word to that effect, if there are a lot not set then there is probably a bad file causing the process to stop.
2)If that's the case I will try to help you further when I return home from vacation as I don't have my computer with me to check what I tell you.
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:31 AM

Hi Roy,

wow, I've learnt more stuff haha

Thank you for showing me how to "see" the files that have their S-E points. I did what you said and according to the S-E column, all my files have been processed. The column has a "YES" on every file.

I'm gonna delete those songs that aren't playing with 2-3sec, reload and do the processing etc etc and see what happens. I know now what needs to be done so here's hoping.

Have a great holiday Roy, take care and thank you again so so much for your help

God Bless

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old September 30th, 2016, 09:04 AM

Thank you guys. I too was looking for this answer.
1TB hard drive
6mgb ram