MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 20th, 2003, 01:51 PM

KProID.EXE doesn't read my network Card

I have a Realtek RTL8139(A) PCI-Fast-Ethernet-Adapter installed in my PC. When running KProID.EXE no adapter is found so I cannot register. Can someone help me?
Wolfgang from Germany
Old June 20th, 2003, 02:56 PM

Do you have the drivers for this card installed? Is the card enabled?

You can check this by going to your My computer Icon (on the desktop) RIGHT click on it, Left Click on Properties. Once this opens, click on the Hardware Tab, then Click on the middle button stating Device Manager. This will then open. You should see a Section that states Network Adapters. Make sure that your Network card is showing under this and that it states that it is working correctly.

If it has a Yellow ! on it, or a Red mark, it may not be correctly installed. I would then uninstall it and then reinstall it and then try the program again.

Let me know what you find.
Old June 20th, 2003, 02:59 PM

Hi,
everything is ok with this card. I'm conected now to the internet with this card. DSL 1.5 MBIT speed.
Old June 20th, 2003, 03:19 PM

So the KproId is now working?
Old June 20th, 2003, 03:25 PM

No, my English is not so good. The card is installed correctly and working but KProID doesn't recognize it. It's a normal Ethernet network card 10/100.
My problem now is that without the ID I cannot register. I ordered KHPRO in the past (2 or 3 month ago) but because of a harddisc crash I lost registration so I ordered it again. Maybe the Macid is still somewhere in your records. The operation system I'm using is W2000 proffessionel.
Old June 27th, 2003, 10:23 AM

This is just an open item. Card is installed in a correct way. I connect to internet or receive my mails (outlook express) without any problems. Don't know the difference between the new and old installation but maybe you still have my records as I was not yet able to install and run the program. Still the program doesn't find any network card installed. I wanted to be fair and ordered KHPRO update twice due computer problems and reinstalltion after necessary format. Please if possible send the code provided by you the last time to my known email address? Many thanks.
Old July 17th, 2003, 05:13 PM

Haben Sie Gefunden?

Hello All,

Stritti, das tut mir leid, mein deutsch is nicht sehr gut, aber, wann ich habe gehabt deises problem, Ich muss eine cable in dem Network Adapter geputzen.... kein cable macht es nicht zu arbeitet. Haben Sie zwei network cards?

Basically, I had a similar problem, but I needed to have the cabel plugged in to it.
Old July 17th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Honor Roll

Pcgumshoe,
Not to cause problems or anything, just wanted to remind you about the terms and conditions here. Click here and check item #12. I would hate to see anyone get in trouble for helping another user. Perhaps a Private Message would be more appropriate.

Flip
Old July 17th, 2003, 10:43 PM

Thanks Flipeoke!

I wasn't aware of that.... Sorry, I have very little time to read every detail. However, I would hope that MTU would understand that given the situation and perhaps the users difficulties with the English Language (and I am guessing the rules are only in English) that perhaps I could give a quick bit of advice. Additionally, the English Translation was underneath. I have to speak more long-winded german to make my points because I am not as fluent as people tell me I am when I speak.

So, I will consider your point.

Thanks

Question/Note to MTU, do you conduct support in foreign languages as obviously your products are making their ways to permissable foreign countries.
Old July 18th, 2003, 02:07 PM

Pcgumshoe,
It should be alright. I don't think Admin would kick your for trying to help, since obiviously you can speek german.

Stritti,
Do you have your network card set up as a Network bridge of any type? I have seen this to cause problems sometimes, when someone has this type of setup.
Old July 19th, 2003, 06:15 AM

Hi,
many thanks for your help. I don't understand a lot about the technical things in a computer. Where can I see if the card is installed as network bridge?

pcgumshoe: Hope you don't get any trouble because you tried to help me in German. I could undertsand what you mean although I removed, cleaned and reinstalled the card it's still unknown by the program KProID.EXE

Stritti
Old July 19th, 2003, 12:02 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED. What I did: I removed the card and started the computer so the card was not known any more. Then I installed the card again and suddenly it works. Maybe one pin was not conected properly (then Pcgumshoe was right). Nevertheless I will now download the software and hope that no new problems in downloading will occur. Many thanks to all replying and trying to help me.

Stritti