MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old June 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
VIP

wma/video

I recently imported a wma/video file into hoster 5.01. It works fine in hoster. I want to burn this file to a disk. It isn't recognized in microstudio and I don't see a way to convert it in songverter. Is this possible or is it in the works in a future songverter release?

Walt
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: wma/video

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
I recently imported a wma/video file into hoster 5.01. It works fine in hoster. I want to burn this file to a disk. It isn't recognized in microstudio and I don't see a way to convert it in songverter. Is this possible or is it in the works in a future songverter release?

Walt
Walt I am confuse is the a WMA+G (two separate files) or a WMV file?
If it is a WMV then no Songverter cannot convert video files and Microstudio doesn't work with video files at all. The only way you can burn it to disk would have to be something like Roxio or Nero or programs of that type.
Old July 1st, 2011, 07:58 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Walt I am confuse is the a WMA+G (two separate files) or a WMV file?
If it is a WMV then no Songverter cannot convert video files and Microstudio doesn't work with video files at all. The only way you can burn it to disk would have to be something like Roxio or Nero or programs of that type.
Yes it seems to be a WMV file. Why will this work with Hoster and not any other MTU program?

Walt
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Yes it seems to be a WMV file. Why will this work with Hoster and not any other MTU program?

Walt
Video requires a whole separate set of tools to be able to work with them. Hoster has had video play (only) added and not that long ago too. I don't think there are any plans to add it to Microstudio and certainly not for burning to CDs. The rest of the programs are designed to work with CDG types and it would take a major programming rewrite to be able to add video functions into them. Conversion of files is not easy to do and converting video files is even harder to do. Even if they did add a conversion for that it would only be able to convert the file to another video format. There is no way to convert a video to a karaoke format such as mp3+g.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Dale is correct, and we have no plans to add burning VideoCD discs into Microstudio, or Songverter.

It is not possible to convert any video format to an audio (.mp3 or .wma) and .cdg lyrics file. That will never be available from anyone.