MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old December 16th, 2000, 05:09 PM

Question

does anyone know if the new TDK cdrw would be good for cd+g recording
Old December 17th, 2000, 06:38 AM

Thumbs down

If we are talking about CDRW media. I have found it does not work in cdg machines. I suppose it would work on a pc with MicroStudio. But I tried using HP CDRW media for a cdg disc and my JVC XL-MV303 would not read it at all.

Last edited by Brian Corr; July 21st, 2001 at 08:34 AM.
Old December 17th, 2000, 02:59 PM
Administrator

TDK uses the Plextor CDRW mechanism. The TDK Velo-CD (8x write speed) was an excellent drive. MTU has not yet tested the TDK 12x, however, MTU does ship the Plextor 12x drive, which is expected is the drive in the TDK 12x.

We always recommend when you buy a CDR that has not been certified for CDG (like MTU does ), get it in writing BEFORE paying that you have the right to a REFUND if it will not correctly write the CDG format. Don't accept just a replacement clause as they may not have any that do CDG correctly.

As to CDRW media, posted at: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=20, world-wide, we have heard without exception that the CDRW media will NOT PLAY in Karaoke Players. IMHO, you are wasting your time and money to write CDG to a CDRW media, unless you only want to play it on Microstudio.
Old January 30th, 2001, 02:45 PM

The TDK 12x writer DOES NOT WORK.

It plays great but will not completely record a CDG. I hope I can get my money back!!!

Good luck everyone.
Cid
Old January 30th, 2001, 04:09 PM

Wink TDK 12X

The TDK 12x does a very good job of writing for me, but does a very poor job of reading cdg's as compared to my sony 10x.
Roger
Old May 16th, 2001, 05:50 AM

Question Is Yamaha 8824SX CD+G capable ??

Can I use my Yamaha 8824SX CDR to burn a backup of certain of my Karaoke CD's?

At present, I am not using MTU's software. (But I will, if necessary.)

Several things happen when I try to make a copy using Easy CD Creator, (ver.4.03b. WNASPI32.DLL in Windows\SYSTEM folder on Windows '98.

(BTW, I followed THIS Adaptec caveat regarding upgrading the ASPI layer. "Do NOT install ASPI32.EXE with Windows 2000, Windows ME, Easy CD Creator 4.x. . .")

Also, . . .

The "add" button in Easy Creator does not highlight!
The tracks show up as Yahoo Player, Windows Media Player, or Real Player tracks!

Even if I attempt to make a Data Copy, it lists itself as an audio CD! (I certainly don't need ANOTHER audio-only copy as I already have a few of them from my previous failures.)

* The CD's label identifies itself as a stereo GRAPHICS CD. Color-scrolled, text only, in Japanese characters. (It does NOT bear the designation, CD+G.)

I CAN play it and see it on my Vocopro, however.

Old May 16th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Administrator

You Need Microstudio

For a CD burner to read and write the CDG format requires special software. Microstudio is designed specifically for this function (it also handles Audio CDs).

Your failure is due to having the wrong software.

The Yamaha 8824 "may" be able to properly read and write the CDG format. You can test it with our Microstudio demo version. Go back to http://www.mtu.com and click the "Free Demo Software" link by the Karaoke products link.
Old July 21st, 2001, 05:40 AM

I've downloaded the Demo version, and MicroStudio is the first software to successfully play on my PC - but it could be because I'm dense, but how do I test write to my drive. Other software locks the drive up. It's a Plextor 12/10/32A IDE Internal, which from what I can see, is supposed to work. How do I test the writing capability with only the one suitable drive.
Old August 16th, 2001, 07:48 AM

Puzzled about the TDK 12/10/32. I have successfully read and created CD+G disks with this drive at 12x burnproof. The drive is called a Cyclone in Europe, but I think it is the same drive as sold in the US. The latest firmware for this drive is available from Click here to visit the TDK Europe Firmware Upgrade Site
Old August 16th, 2001, 04:10 PM

I managed to find what to do. The test worked, and I bought the software. Thank you MTU.