MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
The strange part is that Hoster finds the drive and extracts and plays the tracks off it, just fine. This now pretty much confirms my thinking. It isn't my computer at all, and all the driver and firmware updates I have been doing have done nothing good at all. The problem is that Microstudio is not compatible with my system, or something to that effect
It could be that your system will not run an aspi driver. Microstudio uses an aspi driver where Hoster uses the new MMC driver.

Admin, could this be the problem??
Old March 23rd, 2006, 04:46 PM

Gduns,
This is true. Microstudio and Hoster have 2 totally different ways of accessing the drives now.

These changes will be integrated into Microstudio, but it will not be done for a few months, at least. This is a very major upgrade that has to be done to Microstudio, to remove the ASPI driver and replace this with all of the MMC code. This is not an easy task. Hoster only uses the Reading part of MMC, and we have not yet done anything with the Writing part, which will make it take even more time for learning and testing.
Old March 26th, 2006, 05:53 PM

Hey guys, I tried the suggestion... unplugging the drives (or just one drive)... still have the same error, so that probably confirms what you're thinking, that it's somehow the drivers on this mobo... And in fact, I can say that this has been the case for the last 2 BIOS and Driver upgrades I've done on this board. None of them allowed Microstudio to work without these errors.

As for why "we three" are the "only" ones affected, does this mean we're the only ones with this particular CPU/MOBO combo perhaps, or has MS worked on similar setups just like ours? I understand your frustration being the same as ours.

Either way, I do have one suggestion. Since Hoster seems to work, any chance we could "upgrade" to Hoster for the difference in price? Since we cannot use what we bought anyway? It would be a nice sign of letting us less fortunate ones get to play with some of your software that works!

Let us know! Many thanks.

Regards,
Gene
Old March 30th, 2006, 10:07 PM

Well, did some intenet research. Indeed, the error(5) and error(35) is not unique to MicroStudio. Some programs out there also show the error (mostly older code from Win98 days). Some programs say they cannot find a compatible drive (even though I have one).

Finally found a program that works... Power CD+G Player Pro. It recognizes any disk played on my 716a and any files ripped by AudioGrabber. So we have a solution!! Whether the program uses ASPI or MMC I simply don't know.

Appreciate the valiant efforts of all, but at last I have my Karaoke and eat it too :-)

Regards,
Gene