MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 10th, 2006, 11:59 AM

What happened to songlist?

Hey All,
When I used to copy discs from my hard drive all the files were found in Songlist either as single files or custom lists.This was the default folder for Microstudio.
Microstudio 3.000 now says that I don't have any of the file types, it recognizes, on my hard drive.
I have CD and DVD players that recognize and play most types of files, but if I record a KMA. file what will it play on? Only Hoster?
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:15 PM

Gary,

Go into Tools, select DEFAULT FOLDER, and select your Songlist folder.

Imagine most of the "old timers" use their own folder and not the one built into the program.

I even have a shortcut to mine on the desktop so's I don't have to follow the long yellow brick road when I want to get in there to do some work with a song.

Take care,

George
Old November 10th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry A. Leslie View Post
I have CD and DVD players that recognize and play most types of files, but if I record a KMA. file what will it play on? Only Hoster?
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
I don't think you understand. In the Write Disc screen, you can add any supported file to the list to write - kma, mp3+g, zip, wma+g, bin, cdg (old MTU format=bin), mp3, wma, wav - and then select whether you will write a CDG or CDDA format disc.

For CDG, all the karaoke format files with lyrics are preserved and the audio written as a standard audio track, with the lyrics properly interleaved as the CDG format requires, and the audio (mp3, wma, wav) files without lyrics are filled in with blank lyrics to conform to CDG format.

For CDDA, all the karaoke format files with lyrics have the lyrics stripped and only the audio is written, along with the audio-only files and there is no lryics as the CDDA format requires.

Either way, you will end up with standard CD quality audio tracks that will play in anything that plays a CD. Thus, KMA files are converted back to standard stereo 44.1KHz audio streams... + the lyrics. They are NO LONGER KMA format files. The ZIP, MP3+G and WMA+G files are also converted to standard audio track data.
Old November 11th, 2006, 09:12 AM

George,
Many thanks, I have always used songlist as my default, so I suppose that was just laziness on my part.
Will use your suggestion for a shortcut, however, never thought of it before
Thanks again.
Admin
I did understand the process of writing to disc, but didn't realise KMA. would be converted back to standard files in order to write to a CD. I don't intend to use it, only querying the how and why.
Obviously clear now.
Incidentally there was no need to be awkward about my question about discount, raised in another thread.
It wasn't a complaint, as I am perfectly happy with the new Microstudio, whatever the price.
I was, however, very satisfied with 2.613, and really would have liked the option to keep using it, rather than have to uninstall it before installing the new version.
Regards from across the pond,
Garry