MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 5th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Strange lyrics

Hello All,
Carrying on from my post about lyrics, I thought it might be interesting to see what strange intepretations karaoke lyric writers use when they copy the song lyrics to a disc.
One I have is in the song,"That Old Black Magic" where a line says "like a leaf caught in the tire", instead of "caught in the tide".
I bet there are some amusing ones out there.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old March 11th, 2006, 03:04 PM

Strange Lyrics

On a Song Factory disk the song Walking in Memphis has The River in Green be glad to see you, instead of the Revererand Green Be Glad To See You.
All Hits on the Song Paranoid has SOS instead of And So As. Just to name a couple.

John
Old March 27th, 2006, 12:04 PM

One comes to mind and there are a lot of variations but only one worth it. That is Johnny B. Goode. The original says, "His momma said someday you'll be a man, you'll be the leader of a big old band, maybe someday you'll see your name in lights saying Johnny B. Goode tonight" Most often version does not mention momma at all. Another is "Ball engine sittin' in the shade strummin' with the rhythm the drivers made" what goes on in a lot of them is weird, I learned this song as a band singer and know the proper words from a Chuck Berry music sheet, I would say there might be two versions that come close, in karaoke. I sing the right one whether it's on the screen or not, that was fun one night when I went to sing and the KJ said her monitor was not working, me and three others sang all night and had a ball, then I fixed her cable for her.
Old March 28th, 2006, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany
Another is "Ball engine sittin' in the shade strummin' with the rhythm the drivers made"
I always sing the "album version". Learned it years ago from when I was a in a band... One of mt regular songs...
XP Pro SP2
1024 DDR
nVidia GeForce FX 5500 /w 128DDR
Sony DVD RW DRU-800A
Plextor PX-W4012TA