MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 14th, 2010, 04:36 PM

Several Songverter Problems

Here's my setup:
Songverter (latest version)
64bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Here's what I am trying to do:
I am converting KMA files to MP3+G Zipped.
I have around 13,000 songs to convert.

Here's what is happening:
I am getting beeps (which I assume to be error on convert) on numerous KMA files when trying to convert them to MP3+G Zip files. Sometimes Songverter will crash after several of these files try to convert (usually in the 65 - 75 batch file mode range) although I have seen it happen with only 35 files batched.

I have converted several thousand KMA files to MP3+G Zip successfully. I don't think it is a LAME encoder problem because some will convert. There are a bunch that won't convert though.

The ones that won't convert to MP3+G Zip will convert to the BIN file format fine. But when I try to convert the BIN files to MP3+G Zip files I get the beeps again and it fails.

It isn't any certain brand of songs - I've had SoundChoice, Charbuster, Stardisc, and Sunfly files error out.

So anyone got any ideas?
Geforce 8800GT Video
Old April 14th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Several Songverter Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasN View Post
Here's my setup:
Songverter (latest version)
64bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Here's what I am trying to do:
I am converting KMA files to MP3+G Zipped.
I have around 13,000 songs to convert.

Here's what is happening:
I am getting beeps (which I assume to be error on convert) on numerous KMA files when trying to convert them to MP3+G Zip files. Sometimes Songverter will crash after several of these files try to convert (usually in the 65 - 75 batch file mode range) although I have seen it happen with only 35 files batched.

I have converted several thousand KMA files to MP3+G Zip successfully. I don't think it is a LAME encoder problem because some will convert. There are a bunch that won't convert though.

The ones that won't convert to MP3+G Zip will convert to the BIN file format fine. But when I try to convert the BIN files to MP3+G Zip files I get the beeps again and it fails.

It isn't any certain brand of songs - I've had SoundChoice, Charbuster, Stardisc, and Sunfly files error out.

So anyone got any ideas?
It could very well be the lame encoder as that is used for MP3 and inthis case that is what you are going to before it zips it up.
If you do not have it you need the one that MTU recommends in the install and place it in the Windows/System 32 folder then restart the computer.

The other possiblity would be corrupted files.
Old April 14th, 2010, 05:16 PM

Re: Several Songverter Problems

Thanks Dale for the fast reply.

Here is a little video of me doing 10 files to MP3+G zip then to BIN.
http://www.uwpltd.com/songverter/songverter.html

I do have the one that MTU recommends. Except that the instructions on MTU's website (I just checked) says to put it in the System sub-folder under Windows. I have always put it in the System32 folder in the past when doing MP3 files from CD's. It is in both of them and no change to the behavior.

If it were a corrupted file, then why would it convert to a BIN file and play fine in Hoster?

UPDATE: I can convert to any other thing in Songverter (ie WAV+G, WMA+G) zipped or unzipped and it works fine on the files that failed before. So it looks like I have a problem with converting certain files to the MP3+G Zipped format only. It doesn't matter if it is a KMA or a BIN. This appears now to be related to the lame encoder.
Geforce 8800GT Video

Last edited by ThomasN; April 14th, 2010 at 05:35 PM.