MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:16 PM

Moving songs from my songs to playlist

I have 4.24 and the only way I can successfully move a song from My Songs to the play list is a double click. then I have to wait until the song is done playing before I can add another song to the list.

I tried the drag and drop feature and the other 2 methods mentioned in the manual and they did not work whether the song was playing or not.

I also would like to create a playlist and keep it and open it if possible I don't see a way to do that

Thanks, Stu
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Moving songs from my songs to playlist

First off I no longer have your version to check the Manuel but to the best of my knowledge drag & drop from the search dialog has never been an option, the only way I remember is the double click or use the Add button. You should not have to wait until the song stops playing to add another so something seems wrong with your set up.

The only drag & drop feature is in the playlist itself where you can move the songs to a different order.

You can save the list of songs that you load into the playlist from the top menu choose File/Save As then give it a name and save. then to reopen that list go to File/Open and select from the list.
If thats not working either Then something is wrong with your install.

If you have a copy of the original instalation file I should try re-installing.

What are the specs of your system ? XP Vista Windows 7
How much memory ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stublack View Post
I have 4.24 and the only way I can successfully move a song from My Songs to the play list is a double click. then I have to wait until the song is done playing before I can add another song to the list.

I tried the drag and drop feature and the other 2 methods mentioned in the manual and they did not work whether the song was playing or not.

I also would like to create a playlist and keep it and open it if possible I don't see a way to do that

Thanks, Stu
Stu, you may want to get 4.24.08 if you haven't.

The code allows selecting multiple songs in the "My Songs" list, and either drag and drop onto the Playlist, or click the "+" button above the playlist. If your's isn't allowing this, something is wrong with the MStudio install or your computer.

Microstudio was not designed to run shows. You can create "write disc lists" and save them for making more of the same disc, but not the Playlist.

Hoster Lite is designed for running shows, and has full Playlist support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
You can save the list of songs that you load into the playlist from the top menu choose File/Save As then give it a name and save. then to reopen that list go to File/Open and select from the list.
Thanks for answering Roy! However, there is no "Playlist" to save, and the File menu has no "Save As" command.
Old February 7th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

My mistake I was thinking it was a Hoster question

Did not note it was microstudio post.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Thank you for your response.