MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 28th, 2002, 09:55 PM

well it looks like it was the media, i tried with imitation and digital research and both failed, so i tried a hp disk and success twice. yeah finally, that was pretty frustrating. thanks for everyone's help.
Old December 30th, 2002, 10:52 AM

This can also be a problem with the computer not getting the Data to the disc fast enough. Glad that you guys got it working now.
Old December 30th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MTUSUPPORT
This can also be a problem with the computer not getting the Data to the disc fast enough. Glad that you guys got it working now.
It has been my experience with writing CD+G's to:

1. Go to Cntl-Alt-Del and get rid of all TSR's that are running except Explorer and Systray. (gives your computer more access to the memory)

2. Disable write-behind caching for all drives. (forces computer to write data to hard drive immediately)

To disable write-behind caching, go to Start-->Settings-->Control Panel. Click on System, and tab over to the Performance sheet. Click on File System and then tab over to Troubleshooting. Put a tick mark in the box next to Disable Write-Behind Caching for All Drives, then click OK. Close the property sheet, and wait for the invariable reboot message to come up. after you've rebooted, the changes will take effect. The performance slowdown is slight, and it could save you a lot of grief.

ANY COMMENTS OR THOUGHTS ON THE ABOVE 2 SUGGESTIONS?

3. AFTER THOUGHT > When writing CD+G'S DO NOT USE YOUR COMPUTER FOR ANYTHING ELSE, WHILE WRITING, SUCH AS CHECK YOUR E-MAIL, SURF THE NET, MAKE YOUR CD LABELS.....
ALTHOUGH WINDOWS IS MULTI-TASKING.....WHEN YOU DO OTHER THINGS YOU GET "PROBLEMS"

Last edited by kjzone; December 30th, 2002 at 12:52 PM.
Old December 30th, 2002, 11:18 AM

KJzone,
I would say that both of these are great comments for Windows 98 SE users. I have not found that under XP or 2000 that this is necessary anymore. They both handle the memory alot better than 98 ever did.
Old December 30th, 2002, 11:20 AM

Will add that some may not know that they can get a good idea at a glance what's open and running in the background. It is my understanding that all those cute little shortcuts in the lower right hand taskbar represent programs that are open and running in the background, most of which can be closed out as KJZONE suggested.

George
Old December 30th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Blocked from Forums

i always use a cd-rw then if i make a mistake the disc isnt ruined
Old December 30th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BETAMAX-UK
i always use a cd-rw then if i make a mistake the disc isnt ruined
BETAMAX-UK

1. When you use a CD-RW can you use it straight out of the package or does it have to be formatted?

2. After you make your copy onto a CD-RW will it play in a Karaoke Player?

3. I have never tried a CD-RW, it's my understanding that they are much darker (not as much reflectiveness) compared to standard CD-R's and that some lasers won't pick up the tracks.
Old December 30th, 2002, 05:18 PM
Blocked from Forums

useually straight out of the packet somtimes i format it useing nti it takes about 2min yes it will play like normal in midrostudio i make compilations on the cd-rw then if i like what i hear i duplicate on cd-r then wipe it clean
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BETAMAX-UK
useually straight out of the packet somtimes i format it useing nti it takes about 2min yes it will play like normal in midrostudio i make compilations on the cd-rw then if i like what i hear i duplicate on cd-r then wipe it clean
BETAMAX-UK

1. Just formated a CD-RW made a copy of a CDG. Copied fine, will play on the Computer, BUT WILL NOT PLAY IN A PIONEER KARAOKE PLAYER. PIONEER SAYS "NO DISC".

2. Made the Copy with a Plextor. Will play on the Plextor 24X, my Yamaha 24X, but will not Play on my Sony 8X or HP 8210e 4X, I believe the laser intensity of the Sony and HP is not enough to read the tracks.

3. I see where the CD-RW could help out when your having trouble with a particular disc.
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Blocked from Forums

when you are satisfied with your cd-rw then duplicate it on a normal cd eg cd-r
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:10 PM

I always use CDRW's also, even back when all you could get was 4X. Verbatim has just come out with a 16X CDRW. They also have 10X, and TDK is marketing 10X in a 5 pack. Found them in stock at Target. The burners vary. Found in the manuals that the 8X Plextor will write CDRW at 4X, 16X Plextor will write CDRW at 10X, and the 40X Plextor at 12X. Still a heck of a lot faster than the 4X's I'd used for so long. Use them straight out of the pack also.

Many Karaoke players won't read CDRW, but I look for a change there in time. I sold a JVC 'cause it wouldn't, and bought a Sony CDP-CX400 which does, so I can see what my stuff really looks like on the big screen before burning to a cdr. The Phillips twin tray home deck that's in my Karaoke system reads and writes them also(at 1X), so I don't make any coasters when our club gets together to make recordings. We sing it, play it back, and if we don't like it, erase and do over.

All I gotta say is YEAH CDRW'S

George
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Blocked from Forums

What you say is true george and i agree i use a plexter 16x and have no prob my cd-rw are 10x