MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 21st, 2008, 05:37 PM

Lightbulb Just a thought

Hang in there Billy! The problem won't get any worse It seems there are a number of friends on this thread that are concerned about your problem trying to load your software on a new hard drive,when the one that came with your computer crashed It seems to me that you had no knowledge of your computers problem, and or that you should of unloaded your software prior to the hard drive failing so you could have reloaded it on the new one, without having to go through all this hassle hummm... Just think Bill, what would you of done, had you known then, what you know now Probably the same thing.. There needs to be a quicker solution for go or no go resolutions to dead in the water, unable to load, software issues. 5 or more days waiting for a response seems a bit much! Maybe an option to re-purchase the software, and then when MTU has finally had the opportunity to investigate, fix or reset, then they can issue a credit to you for future purchases, or just a refund. This seems to me to be a great solution. What do you think?
Old August 21st, 2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropten View Post
Hang in there Billy! The problem won't get any worse It seems there are a number of friends on this thread that are concerned about your problem trying to load your software on a new hard drive,when the one that came with your computer crashed It seems to me that you had no knowledge of your computers problem, and or that you should of unloaded your software prior to the hard drive failing so you could have reloaded it on the new one, without having to go through all this hassle hummm... Just think Bill, what would you of done, had you known then, what you know now Probably the same thing.. There needs to be a quicker solution for go or no go resolutions to dead in the water, unable to load, software issues. 5 or more days waiting for a response seems a bit much! Maybe an option to re-purchase the software, and then when MTU has finally had the opportunity to investigate, fix or reset, then they can issue a credit to you for future purchases, or just a refund. This seems to me to be a great solution. What do you think?
Hey Dropten, (Is that drop and give me ten?)
MTU recently made major changes to their RegCode system. One cool change is users will be able to move Hoster from one comptuer to a different computer without MTU having reset anything. I know it works for Hoster 4, not sure about earlier versions. So if a hard drive is showing signs of failer, we can remove Hoster and be ready to install it on another machine. (This has to be done with the computer online.)

I don't know all the ins and outs of MTU's RegCode system so I don't feel qualified to answer any further questions on this subject. I can only tell you what I know and I know that if an MTU client had a issue with using one of their programs, THEY FIX IT!

Thanks for the great input.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutani View Post
As of today August 20th, still nothing. I cannot load any software. I checked everywhere. I filled out another ticket... I guess I could fill out another and send it to their sales department...
William, I am sorry we are jammed up right now, and even more sorry that I have not seen your Forum Thread until Dale called me.

Our telephone 919-870-0344 x204 for support, x203 for sales is published on our web sited under SUPPORT. Next time, please use it when you are critical, or cannot get a resolution otherwise.

I called you to try to find out which computer name failed, but you were out. I can only work from the registration data we have on your account.

#1 CPU name is "Billt"
#2 CPU name is "Music1"

#1 runs Microsoft Windows XPService Pack 2 (you should upgrade to SP3)
#2 runs Vista, SP1

#1 has TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1612
#2 has HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T40F

My guess is that #1, with the Toshiba, and Windows XP, is the one that failed.

I have just deleted all RegRecords for computer #1 in trying to resolve your problem tonight.

You are now cleared to install.

This is an extremely busy time due to Hoster 4.0x releasing, and all the problems we have run into with Vista. What a nightmare it has been. I have lost all respect for Microsoft... 30 years we have supported them.

Please forgive our being overworked, and under responsive.
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Admin I think it was his second computer a new Laptop (probably Vista) that the drive crashed on.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:47 AM

Thank you Jim and Douglas!

I finally wrote a long, thought out and critical letter to their sales department yesterday. I received a very nice note from Lynne Cox in Sales and Marketing who was going to see the president that day.

I wasn't home at the time, but Dave Cox, the president, called in the afternoon and apologized that they had allowed the issue to go on this long. He made it clear that it would be fixed right away. I then tried to load the software again last night and I was able to load all the software successfully.

Thank you again for your support you guys!!!

Bill
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM

Douglas,

Yes, it was the HD on the laptop with VISTA that had the problem.

Bill
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

You are welcome. I guess Lynne would see him later....she is his wife.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:17 PM

Glad you're up and running Bill.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old August 25th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
You are welcome. I guess Lynne would see him later....she is his wife.
Yep. She worked for Data General/EMC2 for 24 years too!

Well, I err'd on insuring our customer could reinstall. It won't hurt that I picked the wrong one, and it worked!

Just remember, the more data you can give us here too, the faster we can fix your problem. MTUSUPPORT is in overload, and I'm doing what I can to help him dig out... why I'm here at 1:12AM! Good night.....
Old November 1st, 2008, 07:43 PM

I have the same problem too. It took so long to reply, I hope I got mine checked.