MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 1st, 2011, 01:38 AM

Red Light and Volume Control

On the 4th or 5th step it tells you to lower the volume so that it won't light up the red light on the volume slide on the right side. Is there any way the red could change colors to blue or something different, because it's very hard to see and make out if it lights up or not.

JRMerc
Memories & More
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Red Light and Volume Control

Emilio, if you want something changed please post in New Features for the program.
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Emilio, if you want something changed please post in New Features for the program.
Yeah, sorry about that.

JRMerc
Memories & More
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM
VIP

Emilio, do you know whether you are colour blind?? It is fairly common for males to have this condition. I sail with a guy who cannot differentiate between red and green
The existing colour scheme conforms with the industry norms.
The only alternative I can think of would be to allow you to customize the color schem to suit your own needs/preferences. Not sure how difficult that would be to facilitate...............

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
Emilio, do you know whether you are colour blind?? It is fairly common for males to have this condition. I sail with a guy who cannot differentiate between red and green
The existing colour scheme conforms with the industry norms.
The only alternative I can think of would be to allow you to customize the color schem to suit your own needs/preferences. Not sure how difficult that would be to facilitate...............
Mike, actually I am not color blind. I do see it changing, but it's hard to see. The difference between the red not lighting up, and lighting up, is very small. Check it out for yourself. It's like the 4th or 5th step on Vogone, where it tells you to bring the volume down until the red stops turning on. I can see it mostly, but since it's only one block, it's hard to tell.
JRMerc
Memories & More
Old February 18th, 2011, 01:50 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioM View Post
Mike, actually I am not color blind. I do see it changing, but it's hard to see. The difference between the red not lighting up, and lighting up, is very small. Check it out for yourself. It's like the 4th or 5th step on Vogone, where it tells you to bring the volume down until the red stops turning on. I can see it mostly, but since it's only one block, it's hard to tell.
JRMerc
Memories & More
Emilio, the best response I can think of is to explain how I deal with setting the volume and trying to avoid having the gain set so high that I get distortion. Basically I select the loudest part of the track and ensure that it does not go into the red. I find it quite easy to see if it's in the red - there is a distict change in color between being in the yellow and going into the red. If you don't see that perhaps you just need to push the volume up higher until you do see it (& possibly hear the distortion).
The other method I use is not to look at all - just listen and ensure their is no distortion - however that method will not be helpful for you I don't think.

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old February 18th, 2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
Emilio, the best response I can think of is to explain how I deal with setting the volume and trying to avoid having the gain set so high that I get distortion. Basically I select the loudest part of the track and ensure that it does not go into the red. I find it quite easy to see if it's in the red - there is a distict change in color between being in the yellow and going into the red. If you don't see that perhaps you just need to push the volume up higher until you do see it (& possibly hear the distortion).
The other method I use is not to look at all - just listen and ensure their is no distortion - however that method will not be helpful for you I don't think.
Actually, that's how I've been doing it, by listening. The red light is for reference. I put it up to the top of yellow, and that's where I have trouble seeing if the red glows or not. I do see it but it's subtle. Then I bring it down and listen for any distortion.
JRMerc
Memories & More