MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 25th, 2007, 01:34 PM

CD Drive disappeared after install (Vista)

I just installed Songverter 1.002 on my laptop with Vista. As soon as the install was completed it restarted my computer. When it restarted, my DVD drive was not listed anymore. Is there a setting I need to change in Vista to fix this? I was running Hoster on this laptop without any problems (after turning off the User Account Control). Of course, now Hoster wants to find my CD ROM drive because it's missing. Help!
Old November 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Check this thread http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=9409
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:55 PM

Lost DVD Drive

I read the thread you sent me and chose to do a System Restore which of course took away the Songverter I just installed, but it gave me my DVD drive back. I have attached a copy of the registry folder dcarwin referred to just before I re-installed Songverter (See Pre-install.jpg) and after the install (See Post-install.jpg). I also lost my DVD Drive the second time I installed it. I am not having this problem with Songverter on my desktop computer running Windows XP. It only happens on the laptop using Windows Vista.
Thanks for your advice. For now, I will restore my system again until there is a solid fix for this software.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Registry Pre-install.jpg (54.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Registry Post-install.jpg (54.9 KB, 3 views)
Old November 26th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have Hoster on the laptop as well? It should have set up that lowerfilters too I would think.
We may need some confirmation from MTU on that but I do believe that would be correct. Vista is such a pain in the A**!
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:48 PM

I've got the latest Hoster on the laptop too. That's never had any problems except for the User Control issue, but it's performed well on the job. I'm also running Virtual DJ which hasn't had any problems either. I'm fine with keeping Songverter off of my laptop and only use it on my desktop PC which has Windows XP. But, I thought MTU should know about the problem with Songverter.
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

I know they are aware of it as both MTUSupport and DClark have been involved in the other thread. It seems that a couple of the new programs are having this effect on some with Vista. The hard part is it isn't everybody.
Old December 10th, 2007, 10:36 PM

Angry

I just had the same problem you described. Loss of DVD. I installed on my desktop computer and lost the drive. I installed on my laptop which also has hoster and lost the drive and it would not show any sources. I wish I would have read this thread before I purchased Songverter. The demo seemed to work ok, but the full version won't. Very interesting. All my computers have Vista.