MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 19th, 2003, 08:24 PM

can,t install Usb Ethernet to get serial #

can't install Siemens Speedstream 1001 USB ethernet Adapter in Windows XP I get a code 43 Message I bought this adapter so i can run this program in my next computer which i plan to get in the near future i plug in the adapter but i don't have a high speed modem to plug it into do i have to buy even more hardware to connect this thing to to get a serial # i don't want to have to repurchace the program when i switch computers i find this whole situation absurd. i do have an old ethernet card installed which does produce a mac id# can i switch this card to another computer and run your program on the new comp., or is only a USB adapter the only one that transfers. Also if i use the old card installed inside the comp. case, and it goes bad or i don't want to waste the slot space, can i transfer that mac id # to a USB type and be able to swicth the serial # to my next computer, or even get another serial # from Mtu't install
Old April 22nd, 2003, 12:49 PM

Also curious about ethernet rules

I would also be interested in some of the rules surrounding the ethernet. My ethernet is on my motherboard. When I upgrade to a new computer, would I have to pay? Some clairification regarding Ethernet and the rules would be helpful.

Thanks,
Ernie
Old April 23rd, 2003, 07:44 PM
Administrator

MTU Security...

I fully agree! It is absurd!!!!!!

I wish the heck that others would not steal our software and post it on crack sites, but I can't control that. However, to stay in business and recapture our investment over the past 4 years developing Hoster, we had to do something to lock it to a single computer.

We clearly are evolving a new protection, and every complaint is listened to. We can't make this as easy as "no security", but we will also work closely with our paying clients to keep their copy of Hoster running.

One problem comes in when you want to run 2 or more copies of Hoster at the same time. You need to buy them.

The other problem, which you are pointing out, is what we will do when your ethernet card/module fails. We have been developing a better security method that will allow us to clearly know when Hoster is being installed on a second computer, versus the ethernet card/port on the one you have been running on has failed and you need to get running again. We are addressing this problem and will continue to improve our securing method with each release.

Hoster 2.0 has a far superior Installation program that sets us up to provide a simpler means to install Hoster and register it on a computer. It even allows you to install it on a computer that is not on-line to the Internet. However, this takes a bit more work. Our primary direction is the easiest installation when you are on-line.

We will not damage our reputation by having shows shut down if we can do anything to prevent it. If your card fails an hour before your Saturday night show, there is not much we can do. Neither could other programs or hardware that fails. That is a fact of life. However, Monday morning we can get you running again.

I hope this give some light on this, even though it is not yet the definitive answer. Some things cannot be put in public at this time. Just keep in mind, MTU will not be the cause of shutting down your show if you contact us during normal business hours!So far, we are not aware of a show failing with Hoster.