MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old April 4th, 2003, 02:49 PM

Microstudio CDG'S

I copy my original Karaoke disc using the microstudio. I then play it and it seems like a good burn. However, when I take it to the karaoke bars, some of the machines will not play. Can anyone tell me why? Is there a certain cdr I should be using? I am totally lost.

Thank you.
Old April 5th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Frequent Member

what machine are they using. That may give us more info to go on.
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:36 PM

the machines vary. 2 are JVC's, 1 is a pioneer, and the other is RSQ.
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Frequent Member

try reburning them at 1x
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:40 PM

So you are telling me that it is the speed I am burning and not the disc or machines? I am not real smart when it comes to computers and burning. But why 1x?
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:43 PM

Why at 1X?
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Frequent Member

some machines especially the JVC's and the RSQ's have problems with copied discs but That info was in the area of home made. The Pioneer I don't know why that would happen. I have found also that certain brads of discs are too cheaply made. I use Memorex now. 1x gives you the best quality burn. the slower the speed- the better the burn. MTUSUPPORT will tell you the same.
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:50 PM

Thank you danny. I will try your advice and let you know. I do appreciate the wisdom.
Old April 5th, 2003, 06:34 PM

Yeah I've found that burning at 1x or 2x is much more reliable. Also, I spot check the sound and graphics at song start /end to make sure all is well as I go along. Another thing to do is disable everything down in the lower right corner in the system tray especially Norton AntiVirus. Some of these programs may cause glitches in the data that may show up as junk in the lyrics screen.

Steve
Old April 5th, 2003, 07:57 PM

Thanks Steve. I will also try your suggestion. I do have Norton Antivirus software. I truly appreciate the suggestion.
Old April 7th, 2003, 10:05 AM

Also keep in mind that many KJ's use their players, but somehow forget to ever clean the laser, so it is possible on the Pioneer especially that the machine is dirty, I to have seen JVC and RSQ have the problems reading. Good Luck
Old June 5th, 2003, 01:58 PM

disks won't play

The 1X myth should be discarded. If you can record at 40X do it.
I heard about the higher speeds on one of these forums and the
quality of play is much better(I can only go to 12X).
JVC players do have a lot of problems with these disks, but most
of the disks I have made are totally usable.
Also make sure you have the latest version of Kpro.
Old June 5th, 2003, 02:08 PM

Make sure also to use top quality media. I burn at 48X with excellent results using Mitsui silver, and MTU certified Plextor burners.

George
Old June 5th, 2003, 06:15 PM

Thanks. I do use the Mitsui Cdrs. I have used there silver and right now I am trying out they're gold/gold cdrs.

I do have the latest version of Kpro and my burner is capible of 48x.
Old June 5th, 2003, 11:31 PM

Question Reading problem

FEDUPBLOND,

I don't believe the speed or the media use is the problem.
Try burning a standard audio cd with Microstudio and you will probably get the same result on the machine you try it on.

I notice that some machine have bad tracking and won't fine any track at all.
Does your copy work on any cd player? If yes, it might not be you the problem but the machine at the bars you go to.

Same thing happen when I burn a audio cd with CD Creator, it doesn't play every where but using MusicMatch no problem anywhere.

For the speed I would say the slower the better for the sound quality but if your creating a back up go to the maximum you can.

The Media makes all the difference, you can burn the same song at 2X on 10 different brand & you'll get a different sound on all of them if you play it on a cd player.
When you extract it makes no difference the brand or the speed you use when you did your recording, your extracting the digital data.

Regards
Old June 7th, 2003, 12:27 AM

Many of the new CD burners have very large buffers compared to a couple years ago which may eliminate buffer underrun errors and allow higher speeds to be used. This problem either wastes whole CD's or introduces errors in the data.
Old June 7th, 2003, 01:27 AM

Hi Steve, long time no see.

Right on about the buffers. I also see no difference in audio quality in burning at 2X on my Philips cd deck or 48X on the pc.

As far as cdg, in many instances the higher speeds are more forgiving when copying marred discs than slower speeds resulting in a copy that's cleaner than the faulted original.

take care,

George
Old June 7th, 2003, 06:08 AM

Hi George,

Good to be back here again. Yeah, the audio quality should be identical supposing there are no data errors introduced. I read a post that claims "audio quality" is better at different speeds, well that may be true when speaking of analog tape recorders and processing in the analog domain but this is ALL digital data (1's and 0's). Audio quality in the digital domain does not change but you can introduce data errors that will show up as pops and noises because the bits reversed the polarity or whatever the case may be. You also can see the data errors in the lyrics screen which may be appear to be missing letters or the like. Using higher speeds such as 24x instead of say 2x is asking the CD drive to read the data 12 times faster. To do this the CD drives spins faster giving the lasar much shorter times to read what's on the CD. It's like watching the INDY cars on the straight-away in 1960 versus watching them today at 220 mph. It's more reliable to read the CD at lower speeds every time but if you can use the highest speed of the drive without problems why not do it.

Steve
Old June 10th, 2003, 10:14 PM

JVC Poblems

Hello all,
As I read the different threads I'm coming up with more questions (and answers)
I'm having the same problem with my JVC 3 tray unit. I've used Maxell 80 min and Imation 74 min...the cdg's I'm burning are gdg's I've created. I'm not copying a karaoke disk. (My machine is less than 5 years old and has just been cleaned)
I was using the Dart program and when in the demo mode I burned a beautiful CDG using the Maxell 80 min and it was burned at 10x. I haven't burned a disk that will play in my JVC since. (it will play in my Dennonett) I've burned at 1x & 2x enabled & disabled error correction as well. I've slosed all other programs...anti virus etc and disconnected from the internet. Which Mistui disks are you using? 80 min or 74? Do these work as well, better or not as well as the mtu silver? I hate to buy 100 of the mtu & find they didn't solve the problem. Which works better in a JVC unit?
In the device mgr the settings for my burner are:
disconnect-checked
sync data-checked
auto insert-not checked
What is dma? How should I set it?
I've been trying to figure this out for many weeks. I've asked Dart for a refund...the customer service is non existant and I'm frustrated beyond repair at this point.
I'm beginning to think that all the time I've poured in to creating all those bin/cdg files has been for nothing and there is no solution for my problem.
I'm ready to jump out of my basement window!
Terioke
Old June 12th, 2003, 10:40 AM

Terioke

I also use a JVC 303 (3 Tray). I am using Mitsu Digital Audio disc. I am burining cd'g at 18x without error. I have my read speed at auto and my burn speed at 18x. I've copied over 500 disc to date with probably only 3-4 coasters (and thoses were due to my errors). I have not used MTU's disc so I don't know how they compare.