MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM

New Version Will Not Read .ZIP Files

My Old Version would read .Zip Files, The new version does not recognize them. Over 6 months ago a service rep said that they would have a programmer look at it and I have not heard anything about it. The only workaround is to convert them to .Bin files and the Microstudio then will see them.
Please help.
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolszews View Post
My Old Version would read .Zip Files, The new version does not recognize them. Over 6 months ago a service rep said that they would have a programmer look at it and I have not heard anything about it. The only workaround is to convert them to .Bin files and the Microstudio then will see them.
Please help.
Is that version 4.21?
Windows XP or Vista?
Are the zip files Karaoke or Audio?
I have XP and the latest version and don't have any problem listing and playing them. I didn't try burning them to a CD.

What exactly are you trying to do?
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM

Can't read zip files

Converted to version 4.20 ...these are karaoke zip files that are readable with my other karaoke show program, not kma files. I Have XP. I just want to be able to burn a CD+G backup copy of the files and microstudio will not find them. I get an error message. The older version worked.
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:55 AM

By the way

I just upgraded to version 4.21 with no effect on my problem. When I try and load a disc, the show errors, and when i click the bubble it shows the files in the field order that I have defined correctly.
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

When exactly are you getting the error message and what does it say?

Tell us exactly what you are doing step by step from opening Microstudio.
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Here is exactly what I am doing.

I want to put these files in the PLAY list and play them...If I can't do that, I can't do anything else.

I select a disk folder from the directories on my external usb drive, and try to add them to the "My Songs" window.
No files are listed,
and The bubble states:"Some Errors Found" Success count:0 Failed Count:15

The bubble also staes that "Some files could not be added to the My Songs list. If you would like to view the List Of These Files, click anywhere in this bubble.
When I do, I get the attached notepad file: FileErrors-Karaoke-list.txt which has the following:

SC7531-01 - 5Th Dimension, The - Aquarius (Let The Sun Shine In).zip
SC7531-02 - Edwards, Tommy - It's All In The Game.zip
SC7531-03 - Price, Lloyd - Personality.zip
SC7531-04 - Rogers, Jimmie - Honeycomb.zip
SC7531-05 - Lee, Brenda - I'm Sorry.zip
SC7531-06 - Diamonds, The - Stroll, The.zip
SC7531-07 - Cannon, Freddie - Tallahassee Lassie.zip
SC7531-08 - Byrds, The - Turn Turn Turn.zip
SC7531-09 - Lovin' Spoonful, The - Summer In The City.zip
SC7531-10 - Cream - White Room.zip
SC7531-11 - Beach Boys, The - Surfer Girl.zip
SC7531-12 - Puckett, Gary & The Union Gap - Young Girl.zip
SC7531-13 - Rolling Stones, The - Time Is On My Side.zip
SC7531-14 - Peter, Paul & Mary - Leavin' On A Jet Plane.zip
SC7531-15 - Swingin' Medallions, The - Double Shot.zip

It does not give me any indication of what is wrong.

ALL of my zip files give these errors.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can convert these zip files to Bin files, and then I can read, play, copy them with Microstudio, etc...anything I want, so these files are good.
Attached Files
File Type: txt FileErrors-Karaoke-List.txt (775 Bytes, 4 views)
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

If you are converting them with Songverter, try doing a zip to zip conversion or zip to MP3+G. This may fix them where Microstudio can read them. Obviously there is something wrong in the header or compression format that they are in now.
Because they play as BIN files then nothing is wrong with the audio/video data. The most likely problem is in the zip formatting/compression. There are many different formats available for zipping files, but Microstudio is not capable of handling every one of them.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:14 AM

Well I guess I'm just sol

These all worked prior to upgrading to version 4.0. I have these in zip files to begin with, and have converted them back and forth with CDGTOOLZ. I guess I will have to live with this. I do not use songverter, since I only own Microstudio.
Old November 28th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Please upgrade to Microstudio 4.22 and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolszews View Post
These all worked prior to upgrading to version 4.0. I have these in zip files to begin with, and have converted them back and forth with CDGTOOLZ. I guess I will have to live with this. I do not use songverter, since I only own Microstudio.
Please go to our Support Page and submit a Support Ticket (choose dept. SUPPORT).

1. Mention this Forum Thread so we know what this is in reference to.

2. State in your Ticket that the attached ZIP file is not recognized in Microstudio 4.21 and thus won't appear in the My Songs list.

3. Attach your shortest of the files that don't appear.

We will have to analize the ZIP file to see why it is not being recognized. I have no explanation why you say it worked prior to Mstudio 4.0 and now won't work. We didn't remove ZIP abilities in the new releases.

At the moment, I'm suspecting something has happened to your ZIP files that makes them different.

When we receive one of your files we can diagnose why it won't import. If it is something we can fix, we will in 4.23.
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:43 PM

version 4.22 will not burn zip files either

I have some karaoke .zip files and tried to burn them with MS 4.22 and it too will not load them in order to burn them. I also have another program that has no problem doing this. MS has given me various problems from the first one I bought thru all the upgrades I have gone thru including locking my computer up so thoroughly that it had to be rebooted. I use windows XP home as an operating system.
Old January 31st, 2010, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk04 View Post
I have some karaoke .zip files and tried to burn them with MS 4.22 and it too will not load them in order to burn them. I also have another program that has no problem doing this. MS has given me various problems from the first one I bought thru all the upgrades I have gone thru including locking my computer up so thoroughly that it had to be rebooted. I use windows XP home as an operating system.
I just did an entire disc of zip files burned to a CD with no problem.
What kind of error messages are you getting when you try to open the zip files folder into Microstudio?
Give an example of a filename for your zip files.
How many and what files are in the zip file?
Have you set the Default Field Order under Tools so it will display the data correctly?
Are you keeping up with the Microsoft Custom Updates? This is not the Automatic updates as those are only the security updates.
Old January 31st, 2010, 11:40 PM

rebooted

Yes, I just tried it again after closing down MS and then reopening it. It showed the zip files. The locking up of the computer was on the version 3.0 on down. When trying to load from a disc to MS. Haven't tried it with the 4.22 yet. Tried out songverter and it stated errors on 2 songs, 1 was audio and 1 was graphics. Tried again and the audio went away but the graphics error didn't. Tried it on another program and all songs converted ok and played ok. Any ideas on this.
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Most likely there is an error in the file that Songverter and Microstudio cannot get past. There are some zip formats and compression that MTU products simply cannot work with. Additional there could be something changed/corrupted in the file that doesn't effect your other program.
You were trying to load zip files from a CD or standard CDG files from a disc? If it was zip files then that wouldn't work. Those types have to be on the hard drive for them to work.
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:54 AM

MS download

Greetings, I was just trying to download songs off of a noncopywrited disc (not a Sound Choice disc) and when I asked MS to read the disc, it locked the computer solid everytime.
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Smile Re: New Version Will Not Read .ZIP Files (Solved)

Finally An Answer to my original Thread....!!!!!

The reason my Microstudio 4.22 Software was not reading .zip files was that I did not have the lame.dll installed.

I downloaded the songverter demo, then uninstalled it, and now my Microstudio 4.22 now reads .zip files!

I found that answer on another thread and thought I would try it!

Ray
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:26 PM

Re: New Version Will Not Read .ZIP Files

Ray,
I'm having same problem. Did you install lame.enc.dll in same directory as where you house your CDG files and did you unzip those files before trying to play them? I only installed in same directory and specific file that housed the songs and it still doesn't work. This is something relatively new. It was working last week?????????????Thanks.

Last edited by RESRam; April 9th, 2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESRam View Post
Ray,
I'm having same problem. Did you install lame.enc.dll in same directory as where you house your CDG files and did you unzip those files before trying to play them? I only installed in same directory and specific file that housed the songs and it still doesn't work. This is something relatively new. It was working last week?????????????Thanks.
The lame file has to be added to the C:\Windows\System32 folder and not to the zip file location.
Old April 10th, 2010, 04:10 PM

Dale,
Thanks for your suggestion. I just tried it and I still get the error message. I have now sent an email to the MicroStudio support staff. It may be something simple I'm doing wrong. Hope that's the case. I reloaded the upgrade to 4.22 several times, ensured all XP updates have been downloaded, etc. In short I tried all the suggested avenues and still no joy.
Old April 10th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESRam View Post
Dale,
Thanks for your suggestion. I just tried it and I still get the error message. I have now sent an email to the MicroStudio support staff. It may be something simple I'm doing wrong. Hope that's the case. I reloaded the upgrade to 4.22 several times, ensured all XP updates have been downloaded, etc. In short I tried all the suggested avenues and still no joy.
Did you get the lame library from the link on MTU or just search for one? Not all versions will work for zip files.
Go to this link: http://www.mtu.com/support/mp3-redirect.htm and get the version from there. This one works. Be sure you reboot after adding it.
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:02 PM

Dale,
Yes I used the lame file from the source you suggested, rebooted and it still shuts down the application. Very frustrating and time consuming. Thanks again for your suggestions. I'm certainly not the most skilled person at a PC, but I can follow instructions. Not sure why this fix has worked for others and not me.
Bob