MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 13th, 2008, 04:21 PM

Angry Microstudio Won`t Work???

I Bought New Microstudio And Your Burner In Dec. And Still Have Same Problems. Won`t Play Cdgs. I Have Tried Everthing You Suggested With No Change. Demo Version Works Fine, Burner Works Fine. Please Advise?????jim Hanna
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

It really is hard to figure out if all you post is that there is a problem with no details.

Last edited by ddouglass; August 13th, 2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old August 13th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Angry Microstudio

Read Previous Post From Me And Your Reply. I Have 20 Post On Three Differant Tickets. Jim Hanna
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think it productive for me to chase down posts from three different threads to try to catch up with where you are on this. If you had just posted to the main one you started before with this, then it would all be in one together.
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Prev. Post

Please Refer To Ticket 5920-1119121903
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, I can't do that. I among many others in here who try to offer help are not MTU employees so do not have access to that information. That does not mean that we are not capable and experienced enough to provide that support. If the last suggestion MTU made on that ticket didn't work then you should reply back to them from that email to continue that support ticket.
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:36 PM

James,

Not having read all of your posts or what you have tried, I had the same problem with mine that you are having. I resolved the problem by updating Windows. I did a custom update not the express. Took everything offered except for foreign languages. Especially looked for firmware updates.

Hope this helps, if you've tried this already without success I might suggest you give Dale a little more information. He has been very successful in helping myself and others in the past.
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:23 AM

Angry Microstudio Problems

I Have Custom Updated, Cleared And Cleaned Register, Reloaded Microstudio Four Times At Least, Reloaded Windows, Had Geek Squad Check Do Diagnostics On Computer, Double Checked For Viruses, Etc. About Ready To Give Up. I Wish I Had The Old Version, I Used It For Years With No Problem. Running Now 4.006 With Mtu Burner. Hope Dave Can Figure Out. If I Load Cdg To Songbook File For Microstudio, It Loads Then It Won`t Play, Acts Like The Cdg`s When I Try To Play Them. It Will Play All Of The File Songs I Loaded From The Old Microstudio File (about Fifty) Just Fine. Jim
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Do a search on internet for Balarc. Download their software (its free) and run it. The report will tell you what if any updates are not installed correctly or not installed.

When you try to import to Microstudio or play CDG directly in playlist do you get any error message? Does the CD drive spin-up?
Just trying to check all possiblities...is the Default Drive set to the NEC drive?
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:56 AM

Angry

Will Try Balarc, Thanks----when Record To Playlist It List Recording In Playlist But When I Click On It To Play It Goes To Playlist Side, Then When Click On Play It Just Blinks Play Window And Shuts Off Like The Cdg`s And Goes To Next Track, Highlighted. I Am Set To Nec Drive.
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:58 AM

The system tester is called Belarc.
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:11 AM

Thanks, I Found That Out. By The Way I Cannot Understand Why Microstudio Demo Works Great And Full Version Does Not. ????
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwheeler43 View Post
The system tester is called Belarc.
Sorry for spelling error....didn't check first.
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Did some checking back and this problem has always been solved by Windows Updates. Be sure to run the Custom updates again and see if there is anything listed that you missed or came out since the last time you updated. Run the Belarc first it should tell you if any are missing.
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:29 AM

new micro studio will not work

I have spent the last week trying to get the new version of micro studio upgrade to work and it seems impossible to me. I have read and did all the things that others say to do and nothing works. Wish I had the old version back it did at least work. I do have it so it will read the cdgs now but will not write them I keep getting messages that say....write error occured, please check your media and try again.....the following error occured---- write error
.....disc duplication error user abort......
I wanted to upgrade hoster, but with these kind of problems it would put me out of business, Im scared to deal with this any more, if I loose any more function Im out of business, and you cant call for help they will not answer or return your calls. Im at the point of buying a plane ticket for me and my puter and walk in your office and pay you guys anything you want to help me get this going, I dont know what to do here.
Can someone help me, this is my only income and you guys have me shut down because I wanted to be better.
kowboys karaoke
Dan matney
kowboyway@usa.net
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Angry micrstudio won`t work

welcome to the club, I have same prob. I have been trying to get it to work since Dec. I bet I have spent 50 hours on it. custom update and load all updates in English does not change anything. I even bought burner from MTU in hopes it would solve problem. No such luck. GOOD LUCK. I WILL BE WATCHING FOR YOUR POST. JIM HANNA
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM

micro studio will not work

Well if you have only spent 50 hours since dec. you are one lucky man I have been here for a week every spare min. I have and cant get anything to change, dont know why they dont let us know what to do or at least tell us, ha hahah we screwed you guys, at least I could go somewhere else. I love the prograqm that I had and love the hoster program I using in my shows and when you up grade nothing works whats the problem, still looking for someone to help me looks like that is the only help they have, people who have had problems and found a way to fix it, Im not really puter smart but have managed to get by on most things but even my puter engineer son cant help me with this one, come on guys cant you hear us?
kowboys karaoke
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan matney View Post
Well if you have only spent 50 hours since dec. you are one lucky man I have been here for a week every spare min. I have and cant get anything to change, dont know why they dont let us know what to do or at least tell us, ha hahah we screwed you guys, at least I could go somewhere else. I love the prograqm that I had and love the hoster program I using in my shows and when you up grade nothing works whats the problem, still looking for someone to help me looks like that is the only help they have, people who have had problems and found a way to fix it, Im not really puter smart but have managed to get by on most things but even my puter engineer son cant help me with this one, come on guys cant you hear us?
kowboys karaoke
They hear you guys. Right now Hoster 4 is demanding all of their time. They released a Microstidio beta a few weeks ago (I didn't have time to test it) so they are probobly addressing these issues, if they are Microstudio's fault. Please be paitent.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan matney View Post
I have spent the last week trying to get the new version of micro studio upgrade to work and it seems impossible to me. I have read and did all the things that others say to do and nothing works. Wish I had the old version back it did at least work. I do have it so it will read the cdgs now but will not write them I keep getting messages that say....write error occured, please check your media and try again.....the following error occured---- write error
.....disc duplication error user abort......
I wanted to upgrade hoster, but with these kind of problems it would put me out of business, Im scared to deal with this any more, if I loose any more function Im out of business, and you cant call for help they will not answer or return your calls. Im at the point of buying a plane ticket for me and my puter and walk in your office and pay you guys anything you want to help me get this going, I dont know what to do here.
Can someone help me, this is my only income and you guys have me shut down because I wanted to be better.
kowboys karaoke
Dan matney
kowboyway@usa.net
Dan do you have another CD drive to try? It could be the drive has decided at this moment to malfunction. I just had one ldo this to me last night. I imported one disc of a set into Hoster. Went to the next and all of a sudden drive would not read it. Tried several discs including the one that worked just minutes before but no read. Swapped it out with another drive and all is well.
Try a different drive and see if it will write. Also check your medium (blank discs). Not all discs work for music and even some of those can be bad. The read/write portion of Microstudio has not changed since version 4 was released. So if it worked in 4.005 then it should have worked in 4.006.
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Dan do you have another CD drive to try? It could be the drive has decided at this moment to malfunction. I just had one ldo this to me last night. I imported one disc of a set into Hoster. Went to the next and all of a sudden drive would not read it. Tried several discs including the one that worked just minutes before but no read. Swapped it out with another drive and all is well.
Try a different drive and see if it will write. Also check your medium (blank discs). Not all discs work for music and even some of those can be bad. The read/write portion of Microstudio has not changed since version 4 was released. So if it worked in 4.005 then it should have worked in 4.006.
Well, I guess Im a long timer her, I had version 2.517, thisis my first upgrade since buying the software years ago, it worked so I could not see upgrading if I liked what I was doing, but decided I should upgrade to be able to burn from my kma files and that, and ahve been shut down ever since. Im really really trying to be paitent here, but when this is your business it is hard to set here, and watch time go by, and cant do anything.
My hoster program is 3.000 and Im afraid to upgrade it at this time, I want to be on top of this stuff, but man if I upgrade that and and it works like studio does, Im out of business for sure. since I upgraded from these older versions is there something I might have missed along the way, that keeps this from working? Thanks for the time to respond

kowboys karaoke