MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:59 AM

Can I transfer MP3+G files to Microstudios

Hello and thank you in advance for any help. I have purchased and downloaded some songs from the Karaoke channel and would like to transfer them to microstudios song list if possible. I chose the MP3+G download because that is what was suggested on the Karaoke channel website for those of us with Karaoke software on our computer. I do have the latest version of microstudios and the program works fine as far as importing and burning discs. I also have the MTU CDG burner that works fine and ultimately would like to burn the downloaded tracks to a CDG for practicing. Obviously I am not a computer guy, but a musician using these tracks for backing tracks. If you could respond in "laymens" terms it would be helpful as I know just enough to be dangerous.
Old January 12th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Can I transfer MP3+G files to Microstudios

When you open Microstudio, Select the files button under karaoke header, the left most one. Then above that click the Browse button and navigate to the folder containing your newly downloaded files then click OK, the window should then populate with your new mp3+g files. From then on it's the same as if you imported them from disc.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 12th, 2011, 09:07 PM

Roy,
Thank you so very much for the accurate information and handling my request in terms even I can understand. I followed your directions with success, however, when I want to play the songs I downloaded I have to hit the browse button and find them. They didn't end up in my microstudios song list. Is there a way to put them all together so I don't have to bounce back and forth? Thanks again for your spot on advice. Joe
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

The only way to get everything in one list with Microstudio is to put them all in one folder. Microstudio only looks at one folder at a time.
Old January 16th, 2011, 07:17 AM

Thanks Dale for the information. Now here is where my ignorance will show. How do I get the songs into the microstudios folder? I downloaded the songs into my music library because I didn't see or couldn't find a place to download them directly to microstudios. Any help on that? I am using Windows 7 if that is helpful. Like I said earlier, I am a (old) musician trying to understand the way things are done on a computer. Thanks for any information. Joe
Old January 16th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

There are several ways to accomplish this, Cut & Paste, Copy and Paste, but if you follow these instructions it may be easier for you. First open the folder containing the files you wish to move, on the top header bar of the folder select "EDIT" tab, then "Select All" this will highlight all the files in that folder, then click the edit tab again and this time select "Copy To Folder" From the window that opens navigate to: C:/MTU/KMA Files. then press Copy. This should move them to the correct folder, once you know they are in there safe you can go back to your library folder and delete them there if you don't wont duplicate copies using up space on your hard drive.
If you are not sure of the navigation process In the list find My Computer then from there you should see C: drive but it might be preceded with a name and the (C) shown in brackets, then follow down to MTU then KMA files. This info assumes your kma files are in the default folder that was originally there on installing Microstudio.

When you open Microstudio you may have to press the refresh button before it shows these new files in the list.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; January 16th, 2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

An Amendment to my previous post. Before you do anything note down the path that is showing in the Brows window when your list is showing that you want to transfer to. Then navigate to that folder, not necessarily the C:MTU/Kma Files folder that I mentioned in previous post.
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

The default for Microstudio is C:\MTU\Songs for the import folder.