MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Report Hoster 5.02 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Slater View Post
It turns out that it did fix the problem WITHIN hoster. When i load other programs while hoster is running the screen turns black but only when it is first loaded )
Good to know Chad. Thanks for letting us know it is fixed. Nvidia cards have always been a pita and they have gotten worse about over the last year.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
It's working OK on both my XP & Windows 7 computers.

From which version did you upgrade from when you installed the 5.02.8 and was it working OK on the prior version ?

One thing might be worth a try, install again ticking the box in one of the install screens to not keep all your settings, can't remember the exact wording, but you would have to check all your settings again after using this though it won't loose any data.
Yes but will it erase my singers and keychanges...this is what im worried about.....and yes it was working fine on the prior version which I tried to re- install but it did the same thing.I did not clear thesettings because I dont want to loose my singers and keychanges if I dont have to.
Thanks
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster View Post
Yes but will it erase my singers and keychanges...this is what im worried about.....and yes it was working fine on the prior version which I tried to re- install but it did the same thing.I did not clear thesettings because I dont want to loose my singers and keychanges if I dont have to.
Thanks
What Roy is suggesting will not change your Songs or Singers Databases at all. It only resets Windows Registry Keys to our factory "as shipped" defaults. Sometimes this can clear unexplainable Hoster operational problems.

All Singers and Key changes on their songs are stored in the Singers DB.

We have not heard of Key change not working like this before, so we're all in "uncharted waters" and not sure yet what to recommend. Since others are running fine, it does indicate something "maybe" has changed on your computer. Keep a running dialog on this in this Thread.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes but will it erase my singers and keychanges...this is what I'm worried about.....and yes it was working fine on the prior version which I tried to re- install but it did the same thing.I did not clear the settings because I don't want to loose my singers and keychanges if I dont have to.
Thanks
What can be a safeguard, even if you uninstal is to save a back up of your C/MTU/Hoster folder as this has all your Playlists, Songs.mbd, singers.mbd & Hoster.ini files in it so most things can be recovered from this folder although I don't know where Hoster saves your Instabutton info.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM

Ok I will try what you suggest....as of right now I loaded the latest download 5.02.8 and it will not let me access the keychange in the dashboard.,I tried on 2 or 3 more ocasions after that and still could not access the keychange.So my next step will to download an earlier version and clear the settings.If that doesnt work I will have to delete it right off my computer and start from scratch.
Thanks for the input people....
Old August 26th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ok I will try what you suggest....as of right now I loaded the latest download 5.02.8 and it will not let me access the keychange in the dashboard.,I tried on 2 or 3 more ocasions after that and still could not access the keychange.So my next step will to download an earlier version and clear the settings.If that doesnt work I will have to delete it right off my computer and start from scratch.
Thanks for the input people....
Your thoughts on what to do next are a good start.

Please post back here what your results were.

At MTU we could not duplicate this "keychange" not working.
Old August 31st, 2011, 03:27 AM

Cool Re: Report Hoster 5.02 Problems

I know you are trying to get this fixed but I'm so tired of this program crashing.... It works good for a little bit then it freezes, or it crashes when opening singers window, or it skips. I'm frustrated and in a bit of a panic! I run 5 shows a week and up until this last couple updates, it ran flawlessly! PLEASE tell me you have a fix for this!

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit

Last edited by jcsings; August 31st, 2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: PLEASE FIX!!!!
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsings View Post
I know you are trying to get this fixed but I'm so tired of this program crashing.... It works good for a little bit then it freezes, or it crashes when opening singers window, or it skips. I'm frustrated and in a bit of a panic! I run 5 shows a week and up until this last couple updates, it ran flawlessly! PLEASE tell me you have a fix for this!
Some of what you posted here is not Hoster's fault. If Hoster has been working and then it's not working the same, this is DEFINITELY NOT a Hoster code problem. Your computer/Windows environment has changed and needs to be diagnosed.

Please post the following here for all of us to help you:

1: CPU type (Pentium 4, Core2Duo, AMD Athelon, etc.):
2. System RAM (1GB, 2GB, 4GB, ?):
3. Video card (Ati model xxx, NVidia model yyy, etc.):
4. Hard drive SPEED of rotation (5,400rpm, 7,200rpm):
5. Windows type (XP, Vista, Win7, and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit):

I suggest you submit a Help Ticket http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-...htm#HelpTicket and give Bryan the following facts. Please leave the emotions out as they won't help us fix your system.

1. ALL the problems you are having and steps you can do to re-create them,

2. Whether Hoster was running fine or not, and how long ago did things change,

3. Also include the same computer facts I have asked for above so he knows what you are using.

Bryan is very good at diagnosing and with your Help Ticket facts, he can begin to help.

There are some major changes we have made in our Databases and how the Search dialog and Singers dialog access these DBs. We are trying to get 5.03 released. However, until the Beta testers no longer report "killer" problems we can't release.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Your thoughts on what to do next are a good start.

Please post back here what your results were.

At MTU we could not duplicate this "keychange" not working.
Ok
After much shigrin I have come to the conclusion that my not being able to open the keychange feature in the dashboard was most likely "OPERATOR ERROR"........DUH.....Im so sorry if I caused anyoneany time on this .....and my apoligies to ADMIN...........I have since upgraded to Hoster Full ......why you might ask?
Because the Hoster Product is the best ive seen and ive seen most......and although response times are a little slow for support I understand it and can live with it........I say keep up the good work ADMIN and bless the helpers in the community...........
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:16 PM

Not sure I chose the most efficient way to do this...but when I've imported various cd's or zips (always to kma), I've often put them into separate folders to be able to easily print a songbook JUST for the songs within that folder (for example: I made a large digital purchase from a manufacturer and wanted all of those songs to remain in one folder...wanted them in my database quickly, but also wanted to be able to print a songbook of JUST those songs so I could edit the various mistakes).

Anyway, what keeps happening....over and over...is that when I go to "Add Folder" within the Build Songs Database (after already having a database with most of my songs), Hoster crashes after indexing for about 10 seconds and without adding any songs. It's not folder specific. For example, If I start with no database...then add folder 1, then 2, then 3, (and this usually happens after I've added 2 or 3 folders), while importing folder 4 it will crash. But again, it's not specific to folder 4. I can add folder 1, then 4, then 2, then it'll crash while adding folder 3.

Didn't have this problem in version 4, but am consistently having it with version 5.

ALL folders contain kma's only.

I'm generally very satisfied with 5.01/5.02. Less crashes during show. This seems to be the only thing I'm running into. And there are no folders within the "excluded folders" area...
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM

Update:

I think part of the problem may have been with book id's and hoster crashing because it didn't know what to do when finding duplicates? In previous versions of hoster, I think I was able to "Rebuild Database" and select which folders I wanted to "rebuild" with (and could add some new ones in). In this version, I'm not able to "rebuild" and add new folders. I'm only able to add new folders...but if there are duplicate book id's, it creates a problem. Not sure if that makes any sense or not...
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:15 AM

Learned my lesson, I think....I'll never upgrade again...I think...until the upgrade has been out for much longer. Posted my problem. Still no response. Granted, no other users are experiencing the same problem, and MTU admin doesn't necessarily watch every single post on here all day. In the meantime, I'm going to try to figure out how to revert back to a previous version of Hoster...(my preference if I'm able to)....or just switch to another program now that I purchased large digital databases from primary manufacturers and can easily convert.

It seems to me that the new version of Hoster 5.01forward can't function during "rebuilding" or simply adding new folders if there are any songs within the new folders when there are duplicate book ID's. In older versions, there was a way to renumber duplicate book ID's. In this version, it appears to me (after MANY MANY attempts....and throughout tonight...meaning last night into NOW) that there is no way to fix duplicate book ID's.
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:10 AM

Merge! That's what I was used to being able to do before. Doesn't seem I can do it now on 5.02
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysjungle View Post
Not sure I chose the most efficient way to do this...but when I've imported various cd's or zips (always to kma), I've often put them into separate folders to be able to easily print a songbook JUST for the songs within that folder (for example: I made a large digital purchase from a manufacturer and wanted all of those songs to remain in one folder...wanted them in my database quickly, but also wanted to be able to print a songbook of JUST those songs so I could edit the various mistakes)....
I don't quite understand how you are printing a songbook by selecting a folder
Are you using Hosters Songbook to do this ?

Normally if I where doing this and only wanted a selection of songs to be printed I would use "Select Book ID Range" and if you loaded that folder originally all in one go the book id should run consecutively for all that folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysjungle View Post
Anyway, what keeps happening....over and over...is that when I go to "Add Folder" within the Build Songs Database (after already having a database with most of my songs), Hoster crashes after indexing for about 10 seconds and without adding any songs. It's not folder specific. For example, If I start with no database...then add folder 1, then 2, then 3, (and this usually happens after I've added 2 or 3 folders), while importing folder 4 it will crash. But again, it's not specific to folder 4. I can add folder 1, then 4, then 2, then it'll crash while adding folder 3.

Didn't have this problem in version 4, but am consistently having it with version 5.

ALL folders contain kma's only.
Once they have been imported with the wrong Disc ID or Book ID that information is already in the file headers and the only way to put it right is to delete them first providing you have the original backup files not in the KMA format.

I would remove all folders from the list, then also check the excluded folders and remove the same folders from there.
Now just to make sure your database is empty press the rebuild Button to make it build an empty data base.

If you have all your original .kma files that you copied from disc I would not delet these but re load those in first via the Build Database Add Folder button.

Now regarding your large digital collection, you may have files in this collection with identical Disc Ids as already in your collection, are they in the form of MP3+G ? if so why not re import them as KMH files, which will just add a small file with the same name as matching imported file and imports much quicker and uses very little extra drive space.
If you still prefer to import them as Kma the rest of the procedure is the same.
I would do this using the "Index Hard Drive Files" dialog although it will take longer than using the Add folder method you will get all the Artist and Titles in the right columns and it should pick up any duplicate disc ids while importing.
If you still want these duplicates imported after wards you can select to ignore the Disc Id in the Define fields order and either let Hoster allocate it's own or providing you make one up yourself that is not a duplicated do that.

Importing them as KMH files will also keep them in their seperate folders if you still need this for your printing purposes.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:11 PM

Is there any way to merge duplicate book ID's in 5.02 as there was in version 4? Can't seem to figure out how
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

This is printed in the manuel under under build songs database:

Add Folder Button allows selecting and adding one folder to the Indexed Folders list. Clicking the OK button indexes all selected Song Types in that folder in the Songs Database.
If a KMH/KMA file BookID to be indexed is already in the Database, that file is not indexed. Its path and filename is saved in C:/MTU/Hoster/MergeSongDBLog.txt to view with Notepad.

The trouble I think you may be having is you already have these duplcates in the headers of the kma files. If you were importing them from scratch it would detect them and not right them to a kma file but give you a list of them as explained above. If they are exactly the same there is no point in loading them to my idea.
Closed Thread