MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Question Report Hoster 5.00 Problems

When we finally were able to get the 5.01 loaded into our laptop that we have been using, something was wrong....we hooked up the singer's monitor with the laptop....the dj screen has no lyrics when playing a song, and only a one half of the extended monitor has words on it..... when you click on it to move it back to the main screen, you no longer get any lyrics...blank.....yes, we do know how to do this, we have had MTU since 2003....we're stumped.
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Report Hoster 5.00 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpattx View Post
When we finally were able to get the 5.01 loaded into our laptop that we have been using, something was wrong....we hooked up the singer's monitor with the laptop....the dj screen has no lyrics when playing a song, and only a one half of the extended monitor has words on it..... when you click on it to move it back to the main screen, you no longer get any lyrics...blank.....yes, we do know how to do this, we have had MTU since 2003....we're stumped.
Ken I moved your post to the correct thread for errors in version 5.
WHen you moved it back to the main monitor, did you restart the song? Also did you try double clicking it to move it back to singers monitor?
Also try resetting the displays to default location. This is located in Tools/options.
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: hoster 5.01 problems.......

First of you don't say which computer you finally loaded this on ?
I seem to recall in a previous post you bought a Toshiba Windows 7 computer, if this is the case how are you hooking up to your extended monitor ? HDMI port or through a VGA converter or other means ?
If you play these tracks without hooking up to the extended monitor does it still not display the lyrics on the Preview window and the singers window ?

I take it you have done all the recommended changes to Windows 7 for Hoster to run correctly.

Other info that may help to solve your problems what graphics card do you have ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:18 PM

I dont know if im in the right place for this so move it if you must...
I just purchased an Alienware MX11 Netbook with an I 7 Processor,a 500 gig hard drive,and 8 Gigs of ram ,running Windows 7.
I downloaded the Demo version of Hoster to see how it would work.
IT DOESN'T work.As soon as I go to play a zip file it will let me start the song ....it plays .....there is no video...and the program freezes but the song still plays...then when I try to control the program it locks up totally.The Alienware netbook also has the NVIDIA card in it but I dont know what to use in its place for drivers.
Please help if someone can as if I cant get the progam working right i will be sending the Alienware MX 11 back *:(
Hoster Lite works on my other netbook.
Thanks
Dan

Last edited by Telecaster; May 20th, 2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: more info
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM

A couple of things to start off with. I had a problem where Hoster would freeze a while ago. What I found was power problems. If you have multiple power strips, make sure your computer is isolated. The best thing is to use 1 power strip for your computer on one outlet. I know you have to have more than the one. Plug in all other peripherals, (amp, mixer, mics ect.) on different power strips. Keep your computer isolated, and you may find that it'll work to your satisfaction.
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster View Post
I just purchased an Alienware MX11 Netbook with an I 7 Processor,a 500 gig hard drive,and 8 Gigs of ram ,running Windows 7.
IT DOESN'T work.As soon as I go to play a zip file it will let me start the song ....it plays .....there is no video...and the program freezes but the song still plays...then when I try to control the program it locks up totally.The Alienware netbook also has the NVIDIA card in it but I dont know what to use in its place for drivers.
Please help if someone can as if I cant get the progam working right i will be sending the Alienware MX 11 back *:(
Thanks
Dan
Don't know if this will help but on some Alienware netbooks you can switch graphics buy: Press the Blue FN+F6 to enable or disable hybrid graphics mode.
The user can switch between the discrete and integrated graphic modes for performance and power savings respectively.

I don't know if this is the same with the I 7 processor.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks
Dan, we are having a problem with NVidia new cards, and I expect that is the problem here.

For the past week, we have been updating our Microsoft Development Studio to version 2010, the latest. It's a bear and they offer no help at all!

We are closing in on the last problem (I hope!) and should be re-compiling Hoster to see if the NVidia problems disappear. We "believe" they will. We'll probably add a few other tweaks and bug fixes and release this as 5.02, but I'll say if NVidia works, we'll speed things up to get it out to everyone.

As to the ZIP file, can you play that same file on your Hoster Lite system that, I assume, is running correctly? If not, there may be a problem with the ZIP we aren't handling yet.

If you find the ZIP is bad, please fill out a Support Ticket and attach it to it, describing the problem you experienced. We'll dissect the ZIP and find out what other "error trap" we need to add. We already have 11 error traps to capture all sorts of problems reported to us over the years.
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM

The files (ZIP) are fine......Hoster 5.01 works fine on my other netbook.The 5.01 demo of Hoster Lite Just will not work at all on the Alienware system other than when I mouse click to start the song the AUDIO will start .I have been trying everything for the last 2 days for hours at a time.Can the video card cause all the issues I am having???........the no video I can see if its the NVIDIA but if i try to mouse click any features at all on Hoster Lite it freezes and I have to close it using the task manager.
I only have a few weeks to get it working on the Alienware system or I will have to send it back.I know you guys are hard at correcting this issue and I undersrtand the frustration.I bought the Alienware system for the power to run Hoster.I will not use it for anything else if I get it working.I knoow this by no means your fault but the Problem is $1500.00 is a lot to pay for a system I cant use.So I will hold out hope for a week or so and see what happens......

Last edited by Telecaster; May 21st, 2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: more info
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The files (ZIP) are fine......Hoster 5.01 works fine on my other netbook.The 5.01 demo of Hoster Lite Just will not work at all on the Alienware system other than when I mouse click to start the song the AUDIO will start .I have been trying everything for the last 2 days for hours at a time.Can the video card cause all the issues I am having???........the no video I can see if its the NVIDIA but if i try to mouse click any features at all on Hoster Lite it freezes and I have to close it using the task manager.
I only have a few weeks to get it working on the Alienware system or I will have to send it back.I know you guys are hard at correcting this issue and I undersrtand the frustration.I bought the Alienware system for the power to run Hoster.I will not use it for anything else if I get it working.I knoow this by no means your fault but the Problem is $1500.00 is a lot to pay for a system I cant use.So I will hold out hope for a week or so and see what happens......
I wonder if you had a bad download ?
Try un-instaling it, re-download again then install.

Other than that unless you really need it on your other net book at the moment. Unistal from the net book over the Internet (Providing your version Allows this) then reinstall the full program to the new computer.

If it still acts up the same then you will know there is something amiss with the new computer, then you will have to uninstall again from new computer and reinstall on your old net book.

Might seem a lot of bother but it would rule out any problem with the demo.

Whatever you do make sure to be on line while you do this and don't do it if you have a show in the next few days just in case there is a problem.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:10 PM

I have bought Hoster Lite and Microstudio for my home PC Windows 7.

The Hoster Lite, imports tracks and plays them fine, but when I transfer KMA files to my shows Windows Vista and XP, I then go to tools and try to merge kma files, when doing this I get a balloon that says'
"Parameter Incorrect" and the songs will not merge or play.

Then other times they will merge, but less than 100% is not acceptable.

I wind up having to reload the disk into one of my shows and then transfer to the other.

I've tried using microstudio and songverter and neither works, for the merging, is this a Windows 7 (64bit) problem or is there a fix I can do?
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
I have bought Hoster Lite and Microstudio for my home PC Windows 7.

The Hoster Lite, imports tracks and plays them fine, but when I transfer KMA files to my shows Windows Vista and XP, I then go to tools and try to merge kma files, when doing this I get a balloon that says'
"Parameter Incorrect" and the songs will not merge or play.

Then other times they will merge, but less than 100% is not acceptable.

I wind up having to reload the disk into one of my shows and then transfer to the other.

I've tried using microstudio and songverter and neither works, for the merging, is this a Windows 7 (64bit) problem or is there a fix I can do?
Hoster 5.00 may not be backward compatible with all earlier versions with certain files.
5.00 has more header data than some earlier versions. But you should be able to do this the other way round, import them using your earlier versions then use the build database and use the add folder option or rescan folder option.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM

I did buy the hoster lite to do my work at home and load the kma's in the shows. Thanks for the work around suggestion but I would rather MTU be aware of it and give me a possible answer.

The other way around is pulling unloading a trailer with my mtu rackmount pc in it.

Not fun, doing it at the show is taking time I do not want to allocate, while I'm working. While it's possible and I do type 80 wpm, it's still a pain to type all the titles and artists that I can have downloaded at home while connected to the net.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did you make sure and go through the required changes for Windows 7? Just wondering because you haven't said anything about that. Link to those changes are here:
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/windows7-changes.htm
May not help but can't hurt to try.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
I did buy the hoster lite to do my work at home and load the kma's in the shows. Thanks for the work around suggestion but I would rather MTU be aware of it and give me a possible answer.

The other way around is pulling unloading a trailer with my mtu rackmount pc in it.

Not fun, doing it at the show is taking time I do not want to allocate, while I'm working. While it's possible and I do type 80 wpm, it's still a pain to type all the titles and artists that I can have downloaded at home while connected to the net.
Swany, the only way it is going to work as is would be if you upgrade your show machines to 5.01. There has been data added to the header and the older versions do not know what to do with a header file that is larger and has information that they don't use.
What versions are you using on the show machines? If they are in the 4.xx range then you can download an earlier version back to 4.10 and up to 4.32 and use that on your home PC. That way the ones you import at home will be compatible with the show machines. Your license will allow this.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Did you make sure and go through the required changes for Windows 7? Just wondering because you haven't said anything about that. Link to those changes are here:
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/windows7-changes.htm
May not help but can't hurt to try.
Thanks for your interest and input ddouglas
I tried it all ...and in some case more than once......Hoster Lite will not work on the Alienware system I have.Admin says it is likely a problem with the NVIDIA card.I even considered loading Win XP on the Alienware system but changed my mind on that.I think the technology in the Alienware system is playing havoc with the program.....NVIDIA card or whatever.Sadly if something doesn't develop in the next week or so to correct this I will have to send the Alienware system back.Currently Im waithing for MTU to enable my REG code......
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks for your interest and input ddouglas
I tried it all ...and in some case more than once......Hoster Lite will not work on the Alienware system I have.Admin says it is likely a problem with the NVIDIA card.I even considered loading Win XP on the Alienware system but changed my mind on that.I think the technology in the Alienware system is playing havoc with the program.....NVIDIA card or whatever.Sadly if something doesn't develop in the next week or so to correct this I will have to send the Alienware system back.Currently Im waithing for MTU to enable my REG code......
MTUSUPPORT worked with you this morning, if I am reading the records right, and freed up your RegCode. You had installed - removed 104 times as of when I checked just now.

Not to be commercial, but MTU sells our LC system, which is NOT a fully ruggedized system like its big brother, that has a I3. It is the most reasonable we can offer for running Hoster. The I3 is way overpowered, but will have power to burn into the future.

When we ship our LC Laptop with Hoster installed and all Windows Upgrades, and MTU recommended changes made, it is ready to use out of the box. You are spending a LOT of unnecessary time trying to make the Alienware system work. You may want to consider returning it and buying ours.

Including Hoster ($229.99), it is $1499.99.

As to our progress on fixing Nvidia's created problem, we are at a dead hold. We are trying to upgrade all MTU Software compiled last under Microsoft's DevStudio 2005, and now compile them under DevStudio 2010. It is clear that our "legacy" projects are NOT upward compatible. This is incredible that MS has done this to their developers!

We are now trying to find a MS Development Studio 2010 expert who we can pay to help us move forward again. We have struggled with this since Friday, May 13th. We believe as soon as we can compile under 2010 that Hoster and KHPro will run with NVidia. However, we are now continuing our developments under DevStudio 2005 until we can solve Microsoft's EXTREMELY BAD BLUNDER!

I am closing this thread as it relates to version 5.00. I am opening a 5.01 thread for bug reports.
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stublack View Post
I ran 5.0 last night for the first time. It crashed 3 times in the first hour.

I always keep the Search Database and Singers Database up while I look for songs through the night.

I noticed before the last crash when I hit S+ for one singer even though a different singers name was in the singers database it refreshed all the songs.

When I brought Hoster back up for the 3rd time I never opened the Singers Database again and it ran without a gliche the rest of the night. I realize this may have just been a coincidence.
Click here to go to the Hoster 5.01 Bug Reports Thread and read ADMIN's Post #34.