MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 22nd, 2002, 02:59 PM

Error: Invalid Cue Sheet

I'm getting an error message that reads Invalid Cue Sheet at line 3. Previous File is not a multible of the specific block size???
Old December 22nd, 2002, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Turn your computer off...

This error only appears when something has damaged the program and/or Cue Sheet in RAM memory. It is a computer error, not Microstudio.

Shut down Windows normally, turn the power off and restart. It should work again.
Old December 26th, 2002, 06:24 PM

Done That

Thank you for your suggestion. Iv'e already tried turning off the computer and restarting. No luck
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:19 PM

You may have to disconnect the power for a couple of minutes also, not just shutting down and restarting.

George
Old January 9th, 2003, 01:39 PM

Lightbulb

The cue sheet can sometimes be opened with a text editor, usually notepad. There you should go look at the line refered to in the error message. Check for the name, the path, and the sector... make sure all are right.
Some people create cue sheets and then move them to another place along with the data file the cue will try to find, it is has been moved it will not be found.
Old January 9th, 2003, 03:25 PM

not a multiple

I got that message when I took a normal cdg file, split it into pieces and tried to make a disc out of one of the pieces. I always thought that the problem was the size of the file I was trying to make into a cd. (I was trying to create something small enough to send by e-mail so that people could see a problem that I was experiencing.) CDR-win went ahead and made the disc, but there was a terrible buzzing along with it.
Old January 9th, 2003, 08:22 PM

What can also cause this, is that when you are importing songs one of the .cdg files has gotten corrupted and you will always get this error until you find this bad .cdg file. One way to find it is to add one track at a time to the Custom Assembly Songlist, then try the Test write as long as it works, you don't have the bad file in the songlist. When you find the one file that causes this, then you know you have found the bad one. Then delete this file and reimport it into the hard drive. Then you should be ok.
Old January 14th, 2003, 10:54 PM

I don't see where you said you resolved this so here is what happened to me. I was having this same error message a while back and discovered if I used the custom tab I was able to look at each song. I found some of the songs I imported had 0:00 at the time duration. I delete that song and imported it again. The problem stopped as long as a time duration appeared in the custom tab.

Last edited by wackyquack; January 15th, 2003 at 10:43 AM.
Old January 15th, 2003, 04:00 PM

Importing the songs again is the fastest way to get around the problem. But sometimes you do not have access to the song anymore, (yeah, I always scratch my CDs), therefore I've force myself to find solutions... I will keep my eye out for the symptoms/problem that wacky encountered.