MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old November 29th, 2006, 01:45 PM

DJ Party in PA : Speaker Shootout

This is a message from My friend Jamie Simpson. If you are from PA or close enough to drive this party will be alot of fun. I will be attending and providing the Carvin Setup. Hope to see you there

Pennsylvania Speaker Shoot Out - DJ Party!

Sunday, December 17th, from 1-6

Clarion Hotel in Dubois, PA directions and information can be found here

www.duboishotel.com

The Clarion Hotel will be offering $59 room rates for attendees. Dubois PA is centrally located in Pennsylvania. It is under a 3 hour drive from Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, and Erie and under a 4 hour drive from Philadelphia, Buffalo, and Cleveland.

This party is open to all djchat member but a RSVP is required. Please submit your name, company name address and phone number to me at houserockersdj@yahoo.com to attend. The event is free of charge.

Confirmed Speakers in the shoot out:

Yorkville U15p / 800p
Yorkville Nx 55p / Nx 720s

KV2 10/2.2

RCF 322a / 705a

FBT Maxx4a / 10a

Carvin PM15A / 1801a

Bose Pas

There maybe more speakers added at a later date. If you would like to add your set-up to the shoot out please email me directly at houserockersdj@yahoo.com. We are looking for powered speaker systems (matching tops/bottoms) for this particular event.

Jeffery from Cobra Sounds will be handling the technical aspects of the shoot out. In General we will listen to the tops and bottoms individually and then as complete systems. They will be listened to at a consistent sound level for quality and then at a maximum sound level for quality. As we all know, everyone’s ears prefer a different quality of sound. Jeffery’s review will be unbiased.

This idea was born because of the simple fact that it is hard to get this type of variety of systems in any showroom or even a convention. We hope it is an educational experience.

OTHER FEATURES OF THE SHOOT OUT

1) A USED GEAR SWAP – Bring your good conditioned used gear to sell or trade

2) An Open Forum Discussion on the DJ Industry here in Pennsylvania

3) Networking: If for anything else it’s a chance to get out of the house on a Sunday afternoon and have a beer with other hard working DJs. And talk shop.

Special thanks to:

Jeffery at Cobra Sounds
John Gallagher for the KV2 system
Pat Caro for the RCF System

Once Again if you have any questions feel free to email me at houserockersdj@yahoo.com or give me a call at 814.223.9600

Thanks

Houserockers DJ
Jamie Simpson
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.