MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old July 16th, 2003, 11:41 AM

Question karaoke with custom video in background

hi.

I’m looking for a computer program that can make professional quality karaoke disks with customized video playing in the background.

I have tried some programs but I get stuck on trying to import video in the background.

Can anyone help?
Old July 16th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Frequent Member

Right now MTU does not have such a program and the only program I am aware of that does what you are looking for Is not mentionable or desireable in this forum.
Old July 17th, 2003, 12:06 AM

Red face No so easy!

Quote:
Originally posted by Danny_g
Right now MTU does not have such a program and the only program I am aware of that does what you are looking for is not mentionable or desirable in this forum.
If we are talking about the same program, and I believe we do, you cannot create karaoke disks with video playing in the background directly from that program. There's some explanation in that program help files which explain the process with the ultimate result being to add karaoke lyrics to moving pictures.

You must have, in addition to the program in question, Adobe Premiere ($549.00) plus lots of time and expertise in video editing and special effects to produce just one song.

Regards,

Jon
Old July 17th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Honor Roll

Didn't KHPro have the capability of having transparent backgrounds a few updates ago...? Then you could just connect up to a player that had a video in jack the lyrics would superimpose over the video... Just wondering, if there was a big enough interest in it, they could reimpliment the function...

Flip
Old July 17th, 2003, 08:39 AM

jaddams, video can take alot of megabytes even gigabytes. You could buy a video mixer such as this (I found a used one for $150):

http://www.filmandvideomagazine.com/...irol_mixer.htm

With a video mixer you can super-impose the karaoke lyrics screen over the video. The video could be playing from a DVD on the PC or external VCR. You could also put the singer in the background using a camcorder.

Steve
Old July 17th, 2003, 10:17 AM

Steve, Flip:

Yes, there are lots of ways to super-impose karaoke lyrics screen over the video and Steve’s is one of them (DVD playing and singer in background with camcorder, etc.) so is Flip’s.

However, the question as posed by Bersek was for information for a computer program that can make professional quality karaoke disks with customized video playing in the background.

I think Bersek wants a finished product in one neat disk, probably using mpeg compression.

Regards,

Jon
Old July 17th, 2003, 11:23 AM

Yes, thanks Jaddams.

I've seen them out there and I didn't think I would have this much trouble finding information on how to create such a thing - A program that can create thoes CDG's (or whatever format it is) with custom video playing in the background with the words/text/song lyrics on top that can be played on a regular Karaoke machine. Formatting the video is no problem and I have some knowledge on various types of video formats and video authoring software (mpeg, avi, mov, premiere, vegas, etc). It's getting the video in the song somehow is where I'm stumped. I know there has to be something like that out there because I see thoes kinds of disks everywhere and even own a few. I've almost exhausted every possibility I can think of on where to find that kind of program.
Old July 18th, 2003, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by berzerk
I've seen them out there and I didn't think I would have this much trouble finding information on how to create such a thing - A program that can create thoes CDG's (or whatever format it is) with custom video playing in the background with the words/text/song lyrics on top that can be played on a regular Karaoke machine.
I think the format would be "VCD" and here is a program to convert from CDG to VCD:

http://www.karaokeplayground.co.uk/h...d/cdgtovcd.htm

Steve
Old October 14th, 2003, 06:23 PM

Video Mixer

There are a few hardware options available that will allow you to superimpose the words onto whatever background you want. I know that VocoPro makes a rack-mountable model.

As far as software, your best bet would be VCD (as CD+G has limitations). There are some downloadable things out there that will let you do that.

Scoob