MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old August 29th, 2006, 12:25 PM

Upgrade to 4.105

Hey MTU,
I originally used the support area for this query but didn't get a satisfactory reply.
As a user of all MTU products since early 2001, I have regularly upgraded when I felt it was necessary, i.e. a more modern writer or a major upgrade that I really couldn't be without.
I started with KHpro 1.115 and gradually upgraded to 4.103, which was brought out in December 2003.
My point here is that anyone who purchased 4.103 more than 1 year ago is out of a download link, as they only last a year.
Anyone who bought 4.103 during the last year will still have a link for a free upgrade.
As 4.103 has been in use for nearly 3 years without any upgrade, until now, shouldn't we all be elligible for the free upgrade?
As has been pointed out in numerous forum threads the longer you have been with MTU the more bucks we've paid for both the original products and the upgrades.
Surely loyalty deserves some reward.
Regards from across the pond
Garry
Old August 29th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Check your Store Account for your KHPro order. You should be able to get it now.

Its not easy to automate. We have to process each request.
Old August 29th, 2006, 06:37 PM

Hey MTU,
Many thanks, worked well.
Sorry I have to bully you guys sometimes, but you've really got good hearts.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Not bullying... we see it as letting your needs be known so we can address and solve them. That's called "Assertive" behavior, not "Agressive" as bullying would be.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 06:42 AM

KHPro upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Check your Store Account for your KHPro order. You should be able to get it now.

Its not easy to automate. We have to process each request.

I don't want to stir anything up but are you saying everyone who bought version 4.103 or upgraded to version 4.103 and had an outdated download link in their store account would have to ask for a free upgrade because it is hard to update? That seems odd to me if that is what you are stating. I paid another $15.00 because my download link was not longer active. I think this is cheap but I also think that you should stick to the original deal (You must pay if the download link is older than 1 year), or you should give it free to all who bought or upgraded to 4.103 since there has never been an upgrade for this version.

Thanks!

gpayne
Old September 2nd, 2006, 09:02 AM

Been "assertive" about this ever since it went into effect, although I'm sure coming from me it was labeled "bullying".

There has been no meaningful upgrade for almost three years, no reason to upgrade, yet the one year rule came into being, obviously with no thought to that.

The one year rule was premature....
Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Gentlemen, running a web site with our own eCommerce store to insure your privacy... is extremely difficult, expensive, and challenging. Managing ESD (Electronic Software Download) is even tricker, and frought with challenging problems.

In 2001, our ESD means worked one time and that was it. Funny thing... there was never any complaining except from those with download accelerators that instanly ate the link, and we had to get our web master to re-enable it for one more shot.

In 2003 or 2004 when we went to no limit on downloads, there was the most incredible outcry against us... unfair, how dare you not give me free upgrades for life, yada yada yada! The "entitled to" mentality was unbearable.

In 2005 when we upgraded to our current store and EST, we had to make a decision to set the download link lifetime. I unilaterally decided that for the next year we would offer free upgrades and it was set to 365 days. Now, every record has this programmed drop dead point in it. It is not a GLOBAL variable we can change. To write a script to change it would be expensive, and running it against our live database (even an off line copy) would be dangerous at best, disasterous is a better word like happened this past March.

I chose to give Garry a free download. Maybe it was a weak moment. Or maybe it was temporary insanity that I simply didn't think what a mire I would get myself into. Or maybe it was Garry's gracious attitude "Surely loyalty deserves some reward" that got my attention instead of being yelled at by so many. Well, basically it was proably a combination of all three.

MTU CURRENTLY has a clear policy of download links working for 12 months. I occassionally make exceptions, and as President, that is my right.

4.105 was very expensive to add the new features. I should have required an upgrade charge, but that can cost us thousands to do, and sometimes creates more headaches that it is worth.

gpayne, I sincerely thank you for the $15 contribution you made to our KHPro engineering. You are one of the thousands of users who silently order and use our products without needing assistence. Know that your investment helps us keep this product alive. KHPro is NOT an income generator, and never has been. It is an expense we try to manage.

I'm closing this thread as I don't care to read any feedback on my answers.

QED