MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 19th, 2005, 04:23 PM

Trying to reload Microstudio

I had a problem with Microstudio locking up so I tried to reload the software by downloading the file again from MTU.com via the original email that was sent to me to load it. hen I run the program it ask me if I want to upgrade or remove. Either one I select does nothing.

I am trying to remove the software completely using windows to no avail.
How can I get this stuff reloaded. I need to back up disks.
Old January 20th, 2005, 02:05 PM

Re: Trying to reload Microstudio

If the program will not Uninstall by either Upgrade or Remove then something on your system has been damaged. The only way to now make it uninstall would be to have some other type of program that can go in and remove the program. I am not sure what would do this and work correctly, but at one time I saw that someone had posted a way to do this with some 3rd party program.

Probably what happened is some parts got deleted of the Installshield package on your computer, that are saved for the Add/Remove Programs to work correctly under Windows. I am not sure where these are stored or what they are called, as they tend to be numbers that are very long. This is also always a random number that is created when you install it on your computer, so there is no way for me to tell you what it is on your system.