MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 26th, 2001, 04:25 PM

Unhappy

every time i try to save a file it just fills my hard drive .which is empty except for microstudio and keyrite. where am i going wrong?
Old February 26th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Specifics please

Fat Tam, we need a bit more details to make suggestions. For starters, please give us these answers:

1. Are you processing CDG or WAV files?

2. Is your output file type identical to the input file type (i.e. if input is .cdg file, is output the same)?

3. What is the size of your original file (see it in Windows Explorer)?

4. How did you get the original file to your hard drive (read in from a CD or CDG disc, or from an MP3 file converted to .WAV, etc.)?

5. What is the original available free space on the drive you are writing to?
Old February 28th, 2001, 03:14 AM

Unhappy KeyRite

I am processing CD+G to make a disk for my own use as a KJ, first of all I read from disk using microstudio ( one track at a time ).
Out put file is the same ( CD+G ) selected in the drop down save as file type and given the same name.
Original file size is 30.5 MB.
File read from CD+G disk using microstudio.
Free space on hard drive is 4.47 GB , I only use this computer for my Karaoke
Old March 2nd, 2001, 09:32 AM

Talking KeyRite

O.K. so I am stupid ... I had assumed that KeyRite would overwrite the original file, but now know this is not the case.

I have now made two new folders in my docs, one KeyRite IN, and the other KeyRite OUT, by writing to the IN folder from microstudio then changing key in KeyRite and saving to the OUT folder I can return to Microstudio and write to disk as many tracks as I like.

This may seem normal to the computer literate, but to the computer stupid it took a bit of time to figure it out.

One problem still persists though, and that is when the file has been written a fault box comes up telling me that this programme has performed an illegal function and will be closed down, I just close it and start again. Although this is annoying it only takes a few seconds to re-start KeyRite so I am happy to continue but if you have any suggestions how to remove this fault I would be gratefull.

P.S. Many thanks for great prog,s.
Fat Tam
Old March 10th, 2001, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Here is a 30 second wave file and its -3 processed result using the new KeyRite code: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/keyrite-wav-test.zip . It is 9MB in size. Please download it and see if anyone can hear any wobbling sound.

We should have the new KeyRite code to us late tonight for beta testing. If all goes well, it will be available next week sometime.
Old March 11th, 2001, 11:29 PM

Admin - re: your test KeyRite zipped file

Hi MTU

I immediately put V1.101 to the test on a CD+G track, Alabama, Dixieland Delight. I already had a copy of it with the key lowered -2 with V1.008 for which the output was as good as any key change from a professional karaoke machine. But, I feel I got the same quality, not improved, with V1.101.
Puzzled, I read in the forum about the sample to download. Downloaded it, listened to the original and the version with the -3. It sounded great. So I got my new audio CD of Enya and used MicroStudio to copy down Only Time, the theme song from Sweet November. The original sounded perfect so I lowered the key -3. The results were excellent! I do not believe I can detect any warbling at all!
I have some other karaoke discs. I will try a different CD+G disc track, lower it and see what happens.

John in Tampa