MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 7th, 2010, 04:32 PM

credit page

I'm having a problem with the credit page only playing halfway through and then freezing. When I delete some pages in the lyrics, it works just fine. My question is: Is there a limit on the number of pages you can have in a song lyrics? My current song has 26 pages and the credit page freezes. When I reduce the page count to 15, the credit page works.
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:02 PM

Re: credit page

Well, I reduced my 26 page song to 15 by removing all page breaks but this song credit page still freezes halfway through. Is there a max number of words you can have in a song? I need some answers.
Old July 8th, 2010, 08:24 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by is14fun View Post
Well, I reduced my 26 page song to 15 by removing all page breaks but this song credit page still freezes halfway through. Is there a max number of words you can have in a song? I need some answers.
So you've got the same number of words but removed page breaks?
I think you'll find your frozen credits page is somehow related.
I seem to recall fixing the same sought of issue by changing the number of blank lines between text.
I'm currently testing a new beta version that includes lots of great features.
I can't easily go back and check your problem out.
I get the impression from your post that your latest editing has improved the issue - just not entirely satisfactorily.
Makes me think you're on the right track and some more editing will fix it - just not entirely sure how.
Please post further results.
Have you read the Manual?
Have you tried altering the display time & other variables??

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:12 AM

This may not be related, but the last time I had trouble with a credits page was several years ago.

The problem was that the .wav file I was using did not have any blank time after the song ended.

The solution was to use an audio editing program and add some blank time at the end of the track. Ever since then I always make certain the audio track had 4 or 5 seconds blank time at the end of the track.

I use Goldwave for audio edition

Have you tried another song? Is your problem consistant or just on that one track? If it's consistant then this may not be the problem. If it's just that one track, it's a possibilty.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old July 9th, 2010, 06:09 PM

IS14FUN

I got curious so I took a song, inserted 34 page breaks, constituting 36 pages in all, swept it, and had no problem with the credits page. I didn't think there was a limitation on the number of pages one could use, but wanted to confirm it.

The problem exists elsewhere, possibly what I indicated in my previous post.

Not trying to ba smart, but why do you need so many page breaks anyway? I've never seen a popular song with that many instrumental breaks or long pauses, and depending on the number of lines per pages you're using, the lyric page turnovers are automatic, eliminating the need to use the ^ page break unless it is for an instrumental break, pause, or another need to force a page break.

Perhaps if we knew what you were trying to accomplish we could be more help.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
hummm...sure wish i could figure out exactly what you're doing to. I agree with george...i use khpro several times aweek. And i have written songs with up to 15-20 pages..like george says, they change automatically...i'm lost here. I have had songs not play the entire credits page, front or back before. But that was because the song started real quick, and there wasn't time...but i fixed it easily enough...hummm....
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:25 AM

I have tried removing page breaks but that does not seem to be the entire problem. Just for your info, I use these breaks to improve the display presentation. I don't like to have lyrics being writen while the sweep is showing. By using em spaces, blank lines and page breaks at various stages, I can generally get the lyrics displayed completely so it is less confusing to the singers. Sometimes it is not possible so I have to just live with it. But back to this problem, when I make the credit page and click preview, it works just fine. I have eliminated all em spaces, page breaks and blank lines to no avail. The only thing I cannot eliminate is the number of words in the lyrics and was wondering if there is a limit on this. I am using 4.107 instead of 4.11 because of 64 bit & windows 7 issues so don't know if this is a source of trouble or not. I will look at the wav file and add some time at the end to see if that has any effect. When is the upgrade coming?
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:05 PM

I just edited the wav file and added 4 seconds of silence to the end. No help, the credit still freezes about 3/4 through. I have tried starting over with a new file thinking that something may be wrong with the original one but I get the same results. I am just going to eliminate the credit page and move on but the problem still exists.
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

There is a new release in the works. They are getting close to finishing it and it will work with 64 bit. They have also fixed several problems and added some new features. As to your current problem I can't really help you with it because I don't use the program, so am not familiar with what you are doing.
Old July 20th, 2010, 03:37 PM

Well i use the program daily.....and this is a new one on me. Since 2000 i've never come across this situation. Apparently theres still not enough time at the end of the song to display the closing credits screen. Now i have come across that situation before. But in my studio, i simply rerecord the song adding time at the beginning, and the end. Everything displays just dandy. You have to have time at the end of the song for the credit page to display. I doubt if adding just 4 seconds will help. I may be able to fix it for you..not sure what ya got there. George
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:59 PM

I have never had this problem before myself and I have had various lenghts at the end of songs. When I added 4 seconds, nothing happened so I don't know if this is the problem or not. The preview of the credit does work fine so it is something definately wrong with the main file. If I cut half of the lyrics out, it does play the credit all the way through.