MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 23rd, 2007, 02:13 PM

Is there a way to edit any CDG file?

I am pretty sure that maybe someone has asked this question but I would like to know is there is a way to edit an already done CDG file from any company. Thanks for the help!
Old December 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrey View Post
I am pretty sure that maybe someone has asked this question but I would like to know is there is a way to edit an already done CDG file from any company. Thanks for the help!
It can be done with a little effort. I do it often to correct really bad tracks on commercial discs.

You will need Karaoke Home Producer and an audio editing program such as Goldwave to do this.

Import the Karaoke track you wish to change to your harddrive as a WAV, NOT CDG or BIN. The track is now a WAV file and can now be edited with the audio editor program to remove the extra time taken up by the Karaoke title and credits pages, plus any changes or additions to suit your needs. This removed time will be generated with KHP later.

Now go on the internet and find the lyrics and save them to the hard drive as a text file,(savea a lot of typing) and make any changes.

Now combine the edited WAV file and the edited Lyrics file into Karaoke Home Producer and create your new Karaoke file to be burned to a disc with Microstudio.

If you want the full original Karaoke disc with the new revised track, import the other tracks as Karaoke tracks, combine them with the altered track you made, and burn a new disc.

A bit of work, but not all that bad..Depends on how much you really want the new track, and whether the need would exist frequently enough to bother getting an audio editing program. Also depends on how creative you enjoy being.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old December 27th, 2007, 02:19 AM

What I am trying to do is to get rid of the initial graphics because I don't like them but I would like to keep all the other graphics of the original. For example I have lots of Sunfly discs but I don't like the ugly insect (hehehe) that you see at the very beginning. LOL