MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old July 23rd, 2001, 03:11 PM

Angry MTUMSND.dll or vxd wrong version

I have just downloaded and installed version 5.4 and it wont run each time it complains about MTUMSND.dll or vxd wrong version being the wrong version.

I notice that there is an old message about de-installing microeditor (about 1996) before installing a new version could this be the problem. I am upgrading from version 5.3
http://www.dibbletree.com
Old July 23rd, 2001, 04:51 PM

There are two different files here that you could possibly be talking about. The first file is the MTUMSND.VXD, if this is the file that is giving you the error message, then try rebooting your computer, after the installation of Microeditor 5.4. If you have rebooted, and you are still having problems, then you should uninstall Microeditor 5.3 completely and try to reinstall Microeditor 5.4 again, from the start. (There is no such Microeditor file named MTUMSND.DLL)

If the above is not the file giving the error message, then try to remove the MSND.dll file, this would only be installed if you had installed Krystal as your Multimedia audio card. You can remove this by going into Control Panel, Mulitimedia, Audio, then Click on Microsound Audio Driver, and Properties, then click Remove, then reboot the computer.
Old July 25th, 2001, 09:23 AM

Unhappy

Hi,

the message about MTUMSND.dll or vxd is how windows reports the fault. it specifically mentions .dll or .vxd

Hence why I reported it.

A removal 0f 5.3 and a new istall of 5.4 seems to have cured it.

Although I have another issue with th PC but thats another story altogether, since installing 5.4 windows appears to have forgotton all its other settings for display drivers what cds it has etc, so I will do a re-install of windows next and then test with a soundblaster live
http://www.dibbletree.com