MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 29th, 2003, 04:00 PM

Imported photos in Kpro are not sharp

Hi Guys, thanks for all your help so far. I have another question, however, and would appreciate additional help for this one. I noticed when I scan a photo quality image and click on the import graphic button in KPro, the imported image becomes "solarized". No matter at what dpi I scan the photo, the image is all broken up as if a solarization effect was added to the image. I thought I could place a nice photo-quality image in the title page for a unique effect, however, I couldn't get that to happen. Is this the way Kpro is supposed to import an image or is there an adjustment I need to do to make the images come out sharper? Thanks again! JohnS.
Old July 29th, 2003, 04:46 PM

Images have to be 16 colors (4-bits) format .bmp. When scanning a photo, it creates many different colors. You'll need to make all these colors to only 16. In the manual it tell you how to take pictures and do this, but you will always loose clarity and some color information will be lost. Most title pages are a simple graphic design because of the 16 color limitation. Unfortunately, for CDG subcode this is the maximum number possible.

Jimbo
Old July 30th, 2003, 09:41 AM

Thanks, Jimbo. I had a feeling that was the case. I'll change the kinds of graphics I use in the future. Although, I do like the effect I get when all the colors in a photo get broken up like that. I've kept them that way on several of my original karaoke arrangements. Thanks again for helping out so quickly. You guys in this forum have really done an outstanding service! JohnS.
Old July 30th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Honor Roll

One program I have used with fairly good results, is a shareware program called PolyView. (you can get it at c/net's download site) PM me if you need the link. It allows you to change the # of colors and still retain most of the quality. Most and image editor should allw this but I have found the best results with this program. And it's fairly inexpensive at $30.

Flip