MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 17th, 2003, 07:48 PM

Error 1612

I have been using MicroStudio 2.312 for a couple of years with excellent results.

When I tried to insall my purchased copy of 2.4 I get the message - "An error occurred during the move data process - 1612"

Component-
File Group-
File-

What should I try next?

I'm running Windows 98 SE

THANKS,
Brian
Old June 19th, 2003, 01:24 PM

BZapel,
This is a bad error message. The problem is that it is due to your Windows Installer being messed up.

What you need to do is reformat the hard drive to fix this. Some other clients have stated that when they removed all the Registry entries from Regedit dealing with Microstudio it fixed it also, but this can be very dangerous.

The next version of Microstudio will be using a different version of Installshield, so it may not have this problem.
Old June 19th, 2003, 05:09 PM

Lightbulb Use Norton System Works

BZapel,

If you have Norton System Works, you may want to uninstall Micro 2.3 using this program, you'll have a better result than trying to uninstall using Windows.

Windows always leave traces of a program that was removed but not Norton System Works.
Always good also to have an external program that can fix some of the Windows problem with they're one buttom check, Disk Doctor, Speed Disk...
This program is not recommend with a slow CPU it will slow down your computer and the 2003 versions is much better than the 2002.

The 2003 version will have the WEB clean up, it let's you remove your cookies and you're internet History.

Good Luck
Old June 19th, 2003, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I will try them.