MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old April 18th, 2001, 02:35 PM

I have been using Microeditor V5.2b with no problems for a long time. Today, I am unable to save some of my projects. Let me explain.

Recently, I moved a project (both mix and sound files) from one drive to another. Separate sound files are used for each piece of music.

Today I started getting the following DLL error: Microeditor DLL Error - (109) Error opening file[filename/path]. The steps leading to this are as follows.

I click on a mix file and receive the Missing File Notification window, which I expected due to moving the files to another drive. Using Locate, I would identify the correct file which always was found, and the Project File Updates window would pop up informing me that the Updates are in memory only. Upon clicking OK, the project window would appear and everything looks and plays normally. This is normal and what I expect. When I try to save the Updates, I receive the above DLL error. Problems seldom happen until you need to finish a project.

HELP - PLEASE.

Thanx.
Gordon
Old April 18th, 2001, 02:56 PM

When you get the initial "Project updates are in memory only," do you save your project immediately? Re-open the project, re-locate all the files and save as soon as the project opens again.

I've found this to help in the past. Perhaps it has something to do with the automatic autosave function causing some confusion. ???

Good luck.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson
Senior Recording and Production Engineer
WETA Radio & Television