MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 4th, 2010, 02:58 PM

Version 5.00 Duets

I've been out of it for quite a while, had different machines, used different software, etc. but had a hankering to install KHPRO on my newest computer. (no other computers have it running) I'm running into the usual "Computers Running" installation problems but while I'm waiting for my ticket I took a look and see that Version 5.00 is out there

1. Will this version allow the creation of duets where singers sing different lyrics, not in the same rhythm Like Frere Jacques ?(The description says "different lyrics-at the same time" I'm not sure what that means-does it mean that the words have to be said syllable for syllable, or was it just advertising showing that all combinations are now possible?

2. Can I just Pay the "Upgrade" fee and get this version even though my 4.107 has been inactive for over a year?

3. Is all this a moot point if I have Windows 7? Do I have to get the upgrade, or buy the new version?
Old September 4th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Version 5.00 Duets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
I've been out of it for quite a while, had different machines, used different software, etc. but had a hankering to install KHPRO on my newest computer. (no other computers have it running) I'm running into the usual "Computers Running" installation problems but while I'm waiting for my ticket I took a look and see that Version 5.00 is out there

1. Will this version allow the creation of duets where singers sing different lyrics, not in the same rhythm Like Frere Jacques ?(The description says "different lyrics-at the same time" I'm not sure what that means-does it mean that the words have to be said syllable for syllable, or was it just advertising showing that all combinations are now possible?

2. Can I just Pay the "Upgrade" fee and get this version even though my 4.107 has been inactive for over a year?

3. Is all this a moot point if I have Windows 7? Do I have to get the upgrade, or buy the new version?
1. Yes it allows for all types. It may be pretty difficult to get the timing down for a song like that, but it can be done.

2. Yes all you need to buy is the Upgrade.

3. Windows 7 is not a problem.
Old September 5th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Thank you for the response. I will see about using the demo, and see if I will get the upgrade.

Old September 26th, 2010, 02:06 PM
VIP

Jahern,
Just to follow-up...
Have you tried the demo or purchased the upgrade? If so, what do you think?

Alan Ross

PRIMARY TEST MACHINE:
HP Compaq DC5100SFF
Windows XP Home SP3
Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
2GB Ram
250G Hard Drive
Sound Device: SoundMax digital Audio
Old September 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM

Since my first questions, I was able to install my old version (4.107) The bulk of any work I need to do is adequately handled by this program.

However I did take about 20 minutes to see what I could do with the demo on a duet like Frere Jacques

I read how to link to simultaneous lines and tried that. I kind of understand the possibilities.

When I tried to play the screen after tapping the lines, the program shut down. That kind of sucked; was that a demo limitation?

I will probably get the new upgrade as soon as I am confident about what I can do. Thanks for the reminder; I will probably try again this week.
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:38 PM
VIP

Thanks for your response. I've been trying to be more helpful where I can be in the forums. I don't normally have a lot of time, but today I had some, so I used it.

Alan Ross

PRIMARY TEST MACHINE:
HP Compaq DC5100SFF
Windows XP Home SP3
Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
2GB Ram
250G Hard Drive
Sound Device: SoundMax digital Audio
Old September 27th, 2010, 03:19 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
Since my first questions, I was able to install my old version (4.107) The bulk of any work I need to do is adequately handled by this program.

However I did take about 20 minutes to see what I could do with the demo on a duet like Frere Jacques

I read how to link to simultaneous lines and tried that. I kind of understand the possibilities.

When I tried to play the screen after tapping the lines, the program shut down. That kind of sucked; was that a demo limitation?

I will probably get the new upgrade as soon as I am confident about what I can do. Thanks for the reminder; I will probably try again this week.
I have used this prog since its inception & like you, found I could do whatever I needed to do with the earlier versions.
Over time the program has progressively added features which exceeded my expectations.
This latest version is truly amazing! I can produce duets in any imaginable format - as well as vocal and chord accompaniment versions. Very cool

Having said that, I did find I needed to put some effort into learning how to use the new features to ensure that all lyrics/chords were synchronized correctly. If you decide to upgrade to this new version, I think it would be a good idea to choose a short, relatively simple song as your first project and be prepared to rework it - possibly several times - until you understand how to use the new controls to achieve your aim.

Best wishes
MikeP
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM

Wink Re: Version 5.00 Duets

When you're feeling competent with KHPro 5, even a little cocky, try the "Kind of a Drag" (Buckinghams) challenge. Assign the lead vocal to one singer and the backup vocals to the other singer and see what happens. Let us know when you have a solution.