MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 20th, 2002, 02:44 PM

Unhappy CD+G burning 'ERROR' messages

Somebody please help. I have had my plextor burner + software for awhile. (before christmas) I've had lots of success but now I am getting an error message. ERROR 'Write' command failed on device 0:0:0 Read/Write error or bad medium detected (o4h ooh o2h o3h ooh o9h) I am ready to scream. I have made no changes since I installed. I use 16x or better blanks. I am computer ill. I will appreciate any response as I am tired of wasting my blanks. Thanks Abunch
Old February 21st, 2002, 10:09 AM

TRY GOING TO START PROGRAMS ACCESSORIES AND SYSTEM TOOL AND DO A SCAN DISK ON C DRIVE OR HARD DRIVE AND THEN DO A DISK DEFRAGMENT. I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS AND DONE THIS AND CURED MY PROBLEMS. I FOUND THAT IF I DO THE SCAN AND DEFRAG. REGULARLY IT KEEPS ME RUNNING SMOOTH. I ALSO END TASK ON EVERYTHING EXCEPT EXPLORER AND SYSTEM TRAY BEFORE I WRITE CD.
Old February 21st, 2002, 03:08 PM

Wink Thanks

I'm sure going to try it.
Old February 21st, 2002, 09:51 PM

KSHOEMAKER..SEE THE POST THIS FORUM TITLED"HELP ERRORS ERRORS ERRORS" DATED 1-9-02 BY ERINJILL. FOLLOW THE ADVICE GIVEN BY ADMIN.'S RESPONSE ON SAME DATE TITLED "THINGS TO TRY". PERHAPS YOUR SOLUTION IS LISTED ON THE WEB PAGE ADMIN LINKS TO. HOPE SO.
TAKE CARE,

GEORGE
Old February 23rd, 2002, 12:47 AM

Thumbs up Bless You All

I'm thrilled with the response from ya'll. The Scan and Defrag worked like a charm (even if it did take 4 1/2 hrs. ) anyway, this is a great site to be a part of. Thanks again!!!!!
Old February 23rd, 2002, 09:01 AM

KSHOEMAKER, glad MEESTERHAM got it for you. Considering the time it takes to defrag your hard drive, you might want to consider scheduling scan and defrag, if you leave your p.c. on all the time. To schedule go through START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, scroll to SCHEDULED TASKS, then to SCAN DISC and follow the screen prompts to schedule it, and do the same for also DISC DEFRAGMENT. You can set them up as infrequent as monthly, and at a convenient time 1:00 A.M.or whatever suits you).Run SCAN DISC first, allowing enough time to complete before starting defrag. Just a thought.

Take care,

George

Last edited by George; February 23rd, 2002 at 02:27 PM.
Old February 25th, 2002, 12:12 PM

I'm thinking that becouse my pc is almost 5yrs old and has never been scanned or defrag'd before thats why it was soooo long..but I will take your advice and sched it anyway. I think that will be a smart move Thanks again