MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 31st, 2007, 08:33 PM

Not impressed

Just downloaded Microstudio Demo and it crashed three (3) times while importing 4 tracks from two (2) CDs.

To me it's a lot of money for software that isn't stable. Did they test it?

Neil
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Neil,
This software was extensively tested and by a number of people with multiple and varied computers.
We will be glad to offer some suggestions on how to fix the problem if you can give us some information. What operating system are you using?
Was there any kind of error message other than the one to send a report to Microsoft?
What type of drive are you using?
Is your operating system up-to-date? Meaning have you done the Custom update from Microsoft and loaded all the changes?
Is your firmware for the drive up-to-date?

ALso, it would be better if you started a new thread with your problem rather than tagging a post to another unrelated thread. That would make it easier to spot for us to try to help you.
Old September 1st, 2007, 11:36 AM

I didn't mean to call your baby ugly

Dale,
I’m sorry if I offended you with my comments, and perhaps this isn’t the right place to put my comments. However, to me, it was the logical place. I did a search to find out how to test my dvd drive and I ended up here. “admin’s” comments were very useful in that regard, so I gave it a try.

I picked two random CDGs and two tracks on each CDG to do my test. I have a new one month old HP laptop with all the updates. It works great and has no problems. If MTUs products worked I was going to make a sizable investment and commitment in those products. My plan was to spend the long holiday weekend moving my collection of about 1,000 CDGs my hard drive, to my learn the software, print a couple of catalogs and a few other things to get ready for my first gig using the MTU products.

My plan was to purchase 1 copy of Video Hoster + Karaoke Suite, 1 additional copy of Video Hoster, order 2 USB external drives, 1 internal laptop drive and 1,200 CDR media blank discs. That’s about $1,550 of MTU products.

That may not be a lot of money to some people but that is a sizeable investment and comment to MTU for me.

So when the basic test failed and not just because the quality of the import was bad, but the program failed in windows, I now have second thoughts.
I’m not a computer geek, I’m an entertainer. I am knowledgeable enough to keep my system current and virus free and that’s as far as I really want to go. If the demo was more comprehensive (actually usable), I would be delighted to work with MTU as far as my abilities would allow. But when it crashed doing a basic test, that’s a different story. There again I would not use the forum to communicate on all the details on fixing the problem. I would use email and phone to communicate with the people within MTU to resolve the issue.

Sorry about the lengthy post but I hope it helps clarify my original post. If anyone at MTU would like details on my issue, please send me a way to communicate with you and I would be happy to give you all the details, I took good notes and can easily recreate the problem.

Neil
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM

Possible .NET FRAMEWORK is not installed, and is a Microstudio requirement.

It is available from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

A computer off the shelf is not necessarily current regarding Windows updates, nor does Microsoft deem all the available updates are critical.

Hope it was this simple.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Neil,
Sorry to come off testy, but yes a lot of work is put into these programs by MTU and by the beta testers. So let's forget that part and try to solve the problem.
I am assuming you have Vista since your laptop is so new. Which it may be true you are up to date as far as the operating system. As George said you need to have NetFrame installed too and that isn't usually considered as critical by Microsoft. Check your Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and verify that it is installed.
As George said computers and even other items right off the shelf are most of the time not absolutely current. I bought a TomTom GPS device and when I plugged it in I got an immediate download of updated software.
Please look at my previous post and look beyond the first sentence and give us some more information so we can help you. If it comes to a point that we can't solve the issue or they have another suggestion we are missing then the MTU people will get involved.
Have you tried any of the other demos, especially the Hoster, since that is the prime and most expensive of the programs?
Old September 1st, 2007, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Neal, Dale and George are on target.

We buy 2 different laptop computers from 2 different vendors. NEITHER ship us upgraded Windows. It takes us several hours to download (using Cable high speeds) all the upgrades, and install them. I can just about assure you that your new HP is NOT updated as to Windows.

The Microstudio demo works. Thousands of users weekly download it. Some have problems, and these are always traced down to the computer.

I understand your desire for our software to simply download and run on your new computer. I too wish we could guarantee that, but alas, Microsoft prevents this today without your doing the upgrading. You can read our RELIABILITY Testimonials on our prior products and see who we are as to quality. But that was yesterday... and you have a problem today.

With all the features we added into Microstudio 4.x, we are using a LOT of Microsoft special support modules. If they are not updated, our software simply won't work correctly, and there is no easy way to say what might fail. Your reproted problems sound very much like your Windows is not fully up to current release.

If you want to move forward, please answer the questions Dale posted. With the answers we stand a chance of getting you up and running.

If you are unwilling to do that, we thank you for trying our products and hope you will try again in the future.

David