MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old December 4th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Frequent Member

Cool A Perfect Mix Every Time

Here is the technique I use to get a Perfect Mix every time when I am hosting a Karaoke party.

There yet, is no standard for the music volume that is placed on the CDG's by the manufacturers.

You may have your volume set to a certain level, put in a Sound Choice Disc and it is too loud....you have to turn it down.

The next disc you put in may be a Music Maestro, your sound level is set for the Sound Choice you just played, but now the MM disc is too low in volume.

I take the guess work out of adjusting the Sound Volume by using a RadioShack Sound Level Meter, Cat. # 33-2050 about $35.00. Settings: Weighting = A, Response = Slow

I keep it right on my Mixing Board.

During your setup you put on a Disc and adjust the music volume to the maximum that the room, customers, or owner will allow.

You next turn on the Sound Meter to see the DB Level, example say that it reads 83 DB. This will be your standard for the evening.

You next do a Mic Check setting the Mic Volume to "6DB" above the music volume. This is a perfect mix (ratio of music to vocal).
I also use this ratio when recording singers....

As you place various discs in your player you simply adjust the music volume to the Standard you have established, in this example it is 83DB.

You rarely have to adjust the mic volume.

Using this technique your will have Overall better mix of sound between the music and the singer.

Last edited by kjzone; December 5th, 2002 at 12:40 PM.