MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old November 21st, 2000, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Question

Email question from Algie Rountree: I'm getting the error message "MicroEditor DLL Error (127) Real time fade/gain data buffer overflowed". Please help, so I can buy my new equipment from you!
Old November 21st, 2000, 04:49 PM
Administrator

The only way this message can appear is if too many fade/gain changes exist in a very short area. Thus, I expect you will find lots of overlapping segments in your project with fades and gain changes, at the point where you are getting this error message. If the message appears anywhere in the project, then you need to visually search for the deepest area you can find of overlapped segments.

There are 2 ways to overcome this. Either fix should work:

1. Click a segment (shorter is easier and faster to process) with fades and gain changes, and execute the SFX menu "Burn Edits to Segment" command. Do this on several, one at a time. This will free up the DSP from computing the fade/gain for each segment, as it is already changed in the the new "layered" segment that plays for this segment.

2. Assign some of the segments to the same group number. If possible, use shorter segments with fades and gain changes in the overlapped area. Then, execute the Segment menu Combine Group Segments command on this group (select any segment in the group to select the group). This will render the group to the disc (like bouncing or submixing), create a new layer for the group, and play the layered mix of the groupped segments. Note: You can only have up to 20 segments overlapping at any point in a group and be able to execute the "Combine" command on it. This also frees up the DSP from live computing the fade/gain on the now combined group of segments.