MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old January 8th, 2004, 02:47 PM

Unhappy IMP_EXP_future_ME

MTU Folks and users,

As I remark the support of ME and DNOISE tools are no more as they where in the past!
To give us the possibility to use ME in the next future we need the possibility to IMPORT and EXPORT files from other applications.
If MTU can't offer this I am offering my possibilities to support this and help MTU to implement this features in the version ME5.6 and in the same time to bring DNOISE to a level as it is now but in STEREO.

What do you think about that?

Thank you for support.

Armin

direct e-mails to armin.roesch@bluewin.ch if you wish
Old January 8th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Frequent Member

Yes! Please!

As I see it, this is the only path left to extend the life of Microeditor.

I, personally, have very little skill on the programming side. I appeal to Armin and others like him to lend a hand here.

....I would also appeal to MTU to give these altruistic souls some information to work with! This should take the load from their staff, and allow them to keep their concentration focused on their profitable Karaoke business.
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Administrator

From the factory

Armin, you have no idea what DNoise code looks like. I have had several programmers look at it and throw up their hands. It is VERY complex code. We have one programmer who has done the last rounds for us. He has a Masters in Electrical Engineering and is very good with math.

He made the mistake in the last beta version of DNoise that failed disasterously. This was done to simply fix the Stereo problem.

However, we continue to get orders for DNoise (we ship the working mono version), so there is an economic reason for us to consider upgrading it to work with Stereo.

I SORELY regret ever having converted DNoise to DirectX. What a disaster!!!!!!!! It would have cost 1/4 to make it a stand alone program instead!

See the Geezer's post recently for my note calling for a new Thread to post what users may want to add to Micrieditor to make it fit with today's other tools. Be forewarned, I don't mean any MAJOR expendatures. Keep the features simple. If you can provide source links to standards/specs to backup your request, it may happen.