MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microsound Workstation Open Forum

Microsound Workstation Open Forum General postings about Microsound workstations.

Old February 27th, 2001, 01:34 PM

Question

I am using MicroEditor with a Win 95 Computer that was originally purchased from MTU. I tried to install Adaptec's CD Creator 4.0 which the box states will work with Win 95. It does work, but not with my older Yamaha CDR-100 drive. I used the uninstaller to remove the program, but it messed up my version of Easy-CD 95. Now, I can still write audio CD's with MicroCd, but cannot write data CD's with Easy CD. Anyone have an Easy-CD 95 disk I could borrow, or any other ideas to fix this?
Thanks.
Very satisfied MTU user from WAY back!
Old March 8th, 2001, 11:00 AM

Thumbs up I solved this problem

I won't bore you with the process I went through to discover the solution, but here it is:
Easy CD creator 4.0 added a couple of files that were not original to Easy CD 95. However, somehow, they were confusing Easy CD 95. I erased the two files and everything returned to normal. The files were crd4vsd.vxd and cdr4dll.dll.
It does appear that the current versions of Easy CD Creator do support the older Yamaha-CDR-100 but I haven't tested that.