MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old August 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM

changing computers

I am going to change to a much needed up to date computer. instead of xp it will be windows 7 what am i in for regarding getting the correct software from mtu i have the latest for xp but will i have to spend more money to get the win 7 version?
Old August 1st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: changing computers

It depends which versions of Hoster or other products you have at the moment as to whether they will run properly on Windows 7.
All the newest releases run on XP, Vista & Windows 7.
Unless you state which releases you have we can't tell you if they are suitable.
You will have to follow the recommended Windows 7 set up instructions.
One other point if you are getting a laptop computer they no longer come with the svideo connection so you will either need a converter box or use the HDMI or VGA Connections depending how you wish to connect your extended display.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbikeerrob View Post
I am going to change to a much needed up to date computer. instead of xp it will be windows 7 what am i in for regarding getting the correct software from mtu i have the latest for xp but will i have to spend more money to get the win 7 version?
If you have the latest versions then they will work on both. MTU does not release separate versions for different versions of Operating System. So as long as you have to latest versions then they will install on Windows 7.
As Roy said. For Hoster and Microstudio you do need to make changes to Windows 7 before installing it.
Here is a link to those changes:
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/windows7-changes.htm
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Read our upgrade page for each product. Their links are all found in the http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-support.htm page (the bottom-most row of navigation buttons at the top of the page, with the title "Version Upgrades" at the far left).

These show a table with the supported version numbers, Download buttons for each, AND the Windows OS versions each supports.

Run your MTU program, click the Help menu at the top, and the "About..." command. The version number you are running can be found there.

Then, on the upgrade page for that product, you can scroll down the page and find your running version, and see what changes were added to the released versions ABOVE it (higher version numbers).

If you log into your MTU Account, you will find "Add to Cart" buttons beside each Registratio code whose 12-month upgrad period has expired. If your RegCode you want to install with has not yet expired, if you download the LATEST version it will install.

If your RegCode "upgrade expire date" is past, when you try to install the LATEST version, you will see a web page with that RegCode, the product name, the price and an Add to Cart button. That means the RegCode upgrade period has expired and you need to order the upgrade.

In the table mentioned above for each product, you can also see the "Install Date" for each version (not the Released Date). If this date is BEFORE the "Upgrade Expire Date" for a version, you can install that version without upgrading.
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:44 PM

Roy Or Dale.....

Here is what i have for versions on my old XP workhorse, will any of these work on Window's7? as far as i can determaine (and of course i don't have a clue as to what i'm doing 99.9999% of the time) NONE of my programs will work on windows 7 am i correct?

Hoster is on my laptop only so i'm cool there, it's XP with the latest version.

#1 kh Pro Version 5.01
#2 Microstudio 4.22
#3 Keyrite 2.1.1
#4 Vogone 3.30

Looks like an upgrade for all 4 of them right?

i have all my files to these programs saved on my computer EXCEPT for VOGONE. How do i remove this program online? Do i have to submit a ticket??
Old September 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Roy Or Dale.....

Here is what i have for versions on my old XP workhorse, will any of these work on Window's7? as far as i can determaine (and of course i don't have a clue as to what i'm doing 99.9999% of the time) NONE of my programs will work on windows 7 am i correct?

Hoster is on my laptop only so i'm cool there, it's XP with the latest version.

#1 kh Pro Version 5.01
#2 Microstudio 4.22
#3 Keyrite 2.1.1
#4 Vogone 3.30

Looks like an upgrade for all 4 of them right?

i have all my files to these programs saved on my computer EXCEPT for VOGONE. How do i remove this program online? Do i have to submit a ticket??
The only ones I see you will need an upgrade on is the Keyrite, Vogone and Microstudio. The Microstudio will be needed if your new computer is Win 7 64bit which it most likely is because that is all they are selling now.
Your KHPro is the current version
As far as the Vogone goes you can redownload the installation for it from the Support/Vogone on the main MTU web site to remove it from the old computer, then buy the upgrade to load the latest on the new computer. Upgrades do use the same registration code.