MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM

Audio .cdg out of sync after splitting / re-joining

After splitting .bin karaoke files that I have made with KHPro, into .CDG + .Wav (I sometimes want to change the key of the song, etc.), the .cdg lyrics file is LAGGING the music upon re-joining. However, after splitting / re-joining commercial karaoke files, such as Sound Choice, there is no problem with the lyrics sync.

Last edited by EdS; April 29th, 2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old April 29th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Why are you doing this when you can use Keyrite to do it without having to split it and it will keep the changed key music in sync with the lyrics?
It sounds like your program you are using to change the key is also changing the tempo.
Old April 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Most of the time, I am changing the pitch ever so slightly, so I can play a piano along with the tracks and have them all in tune. I am using Adobe Audition and trust me - it DOESN'T change pitch an speed simultaneously anyway. I consider myself an expert with Adobe Audition, and the huge time disparities I am experiencing (3-4 seconds) could never be explained by any small aberration which might result from using Adobe Audition.

And, as I said, the commercial tracks don't behave this way. So ... would you folks please please look into the SongVerter program to see if it mis-interprets KHP's .CDG file info? I have spent a long time working on 300+ tracks to normalize them all to the same pitch reference (A=440) so it would be very disappointing to not be able to utilize the fruits of this extensive labor. I would be very grateful if you could help me out here.
Old April 29th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

The pitch shift you are using is non-standard and I doubt that there is anything MTU can do about it since there programs all use the same steps of shift for all their key changes.
Maybe the best way for you to do this is to make your pitch changes to the audio before you add the lyrics in KHPro. Then the combined file will be set correctly.
Other than that your best bet would be to submit a support ticket because I doubt anyone in the forums can offer you any help with it.
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:08 PM

Pitch shift is not the issue here. And hind sight is always wonderful. The reason that I purchased this software was to help correct my problems that resulted from not being diligent in the first place.

I will submit this ticket you refer to, once I figure out how to do that. Thanks for trying to help, Ed.
Old May 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM

Well, about two weeks ago I sent in a ticket, as you suggested, for help on this issue, and today, for the VERY FIRST time, I get this response:

[ Your ticket at MTU.com has been Closed and assigned ID: 16651-7330041325 ]

I NEVER got so much as a "good mornin' " from these people. That's not like the MTU I used to know. Not even a way to contact them, because it is from a "Do Not Reply" email address.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Is there a link on that page to view your ticket? If so go to it and you should be able to add another email to it. If not submit another ticket and give them as much detail as you can on what the problem is.
What are you using to play these songs for your performance?
If it is Hoster you can import one in the WAV+CDG format and see if it is sync at that point. Microstudio will work for this too. My guess is it won't be.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM

I give up. No link. They also think that the problem is for Hoster. I specifically said "Songverter" but true to form, I didn't get a copy of what I sent them and it's nowhere t be found. I don't think anybody really reads these. I think they just have a computer that reads them and sends back replies. I can't even search the ticket number to see if I made a mistake. The tickets seem to disappear into a big black hole.

Last edited by EdS; May 13th, 2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: add
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure why this is happening. It isn't like them and no a computer doesn't swallow up the tickets....I hope that isn't what is happening anyway.
I will call them in the morning and check on what happened. The only way I can't think whythey would have thought it was Hoster unless you didn't select Songverter on the list of products in the form. (Hoster would be the top one.)
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:04 PM

I think I did select Songverter, but even if I didn't, doesn't this make the case for them not using a human being in the process? I KNOW I described it correctly in my request ticket. By the way, Dale, I really do appreciate your efforts to help me through all of this. I can get snarky sometimes but I only do so after my patience seems to be exhausted. I am going to be on the road with only limited email access for the next three days, but I will do my best to stay in touch. Thanks, again, Ed.
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:28 PM

Has there been any response to this issue? I am back to having reasonable internet access again. Thanks, Ed.
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Part of the problem was their Support person was out sick for 3 days, so he is behind on tickets. If he was taking phone calls all day then he would never get any of the tickets answered. They stopped doing any direct phone Support because of this. You can call and leave a message but it may take just as long that way to get help.
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:33 AM

OK; I am not going to call, if they indeed are still working on it. I believe you said you were going to look into calling them or otherwise getting someone to tackle it. I can wait. Thanks, Ed.
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

I said I would get them to look into it. That doesn't mean anything can be done. I am really pretty sure there is nothing to be done because no one else is having this problem it is going to be very hard to isolate it.
Old May 29th, 2009, 04:59 PM

We have never had any customer that has reported this problem. We will take a look at Songverter to see if we can reproduce it, without using the Adobe Program.

We are very sorry about you being upset, and we will take a deeper look into this.

I did answer your Ticketdated April 29th on May 1st, but you never responded back to me so it was closed weeks later.
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Thanks for your reply. Please note: This problem can't be related to Hoster, because I don't even own it. The problem is in SONGVERTER. I mentioned this in my May 13 post in this thread.
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdS View Post
After splitting .bin karaoke files that I have made with KHPro, into .CDG + .Wav (I sometimes want to change the key of the song, etc.), the .cdg lyrics file is LAGGING the music upon re-joining. However, after splitting / re-joining commercial karaoke files, such as Sound Choice, there is no problem with the lyrics sync.
Eds, as MTUSUPPORT pointed out, we have never received a complaint to our remembrance that any song created with KHPro is non-standard CDG.

We first developed our Karaoke Pro software to work with our Microsound Digital Audio Workstation for one of the largest Karaoke Producers in the world. It was shipped July 30, 1999. After shipping that for years. We recoded the Karaoke Pro code to run by itself as Karaoke Home Producer (aka KHPro). This is a professional package.

I personally will create a song with the lyrics in sync to VOCALS in the music this weekend, export it as a BIN file, use Songverter to convert it to CDG+WAV, then convert it back to a BIN, and then play it to check the lyrics sync. I won't do any external processing as that is outside the scope of our tools.

I'll post back here Monday what I find.

We started working on Songverter 1.21 today, and this problem will be addressed.
Old May 29th, 2009, 09:13 PM

Thanks for your timely response. I'll wait to hear from you.
Old June 11th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Works for me

Hi, Ed.

Here's what I just did:
  1. Imported a new Karaoke track into a BIN file from a CD+G disc using Microstudio
  2. Played the BIN file to ensure it was in sync (and it was)
  3. Converted it to WAV+G using Songverter
  4. Renamed the WAV & CDG files, to ensure the original wouldn't get overwritten
  5. Converted the WAV+G back to BIN using Songverter (new name)
  6. Played the new BIN file, and it, too, was in sync.
I know I didn't follow your steps exactly, but this should prove that Songverter will split a proper BIN file into WAV+G and then restore it back properly.

Next, I will try inserting KHPro into the mix and report my findings back here. Don't touch that dial!
Old June 11th, 2009, 07:08 PM

OK; we are, so far, on the same page. You will note my first posting that commercial files present no problems to me. It's only the ones I make with KHPro. I am repeating my first post here:

"After splitting .bin karaoke files that I have made with KHPro, into .CDG + .Wav (I sometimes want to change the key of the song, etc.), the .cdg lyrics file is LAGGING the music upon re-joining. However, after splitting / re-joining commercial karaoke files, such as Sound Choice, there is no problem with the lyrics sync."