MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old February 12th, 2008, 11:36 PM

better sound quality than expected

OMG, I just purchased these little USB audio devices from turtle beach, like 39$ or something like that, OMG that sound is even better than was when just coming from 1/8 inch jack,,,,,,,and a little USB device, worth it...

I also bought (earlier) the 199$ echo dj card with 8 virtual ports, thought i needed that, nope.....$39 is just fine....

Randy
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:07 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncall View Post
OMG, I just purchased these little USB audio devices from turtle beach, like 39$ or something like that, OMG that sound is even better than was when just coming from 1/8 inch jack,,,,,,,and a little USB device, worth it...

I also bought (earlier) the 199$ echo dj card with 8 virtual ports, thought i needed that, nope.....$39 is just fine....

Randy
Are you saying that the turtle beach device seemed to sound just as nice as the echo DJ 199 dollar card did?

I was going to buy that card, but if you insist the turtle beach is just as nice, I'll go with that , please respond, thanx?

Old February 14th, 2008, 01:16 PM

yep, the usb sound card is just as nice, and really has some features on it like you can actually EQ the output using the software,,,,nice......and there are some other settings (ambience type adjustments) that may make a difference as well.....but all in all,if you have enough USB ports on your laptop and you can spare this one for this card, i wouldn't spend the money on the echo card. I never really polished up though how to use the top and bottom plugs on the echo card to possible run sound out of two ports on card and bring into two unique lines on mixer, that might be worth the money if you can figure it out?? I don't think with Hoster you can pick the sound card, but with your DJ software you may be able to go in and choose a different port and assign to lower output jack on echo card???

Good Luck and let me know if you figure "that" out. But I bought more turtle beach USB audio devices because I"m putting on all my laptops for DJ and karoake.

Randy
Old February 14th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
yep, the usb sound card is just as nice, and really has some features on it likI don't think with Hoster you can pick the sound card, but with your DJ software you may be able to go in and choose a different port and assign to lower output jack on echo card??? Randy
Hoster 4.000 will allow selecting the output port it uses for the main Playlist, and another for Preview play (without lyrics) being added in the Search dialog.

I moved this to the Singers & Hosts Wisdom Forums as it is more appropriate there.
Old February 14th, 2008, 03:14 PM
VIP

Quote:
yep, the usb sound card is just as nice, and really has some features on it like you can actually EQ the output using the software,,,,nice......and there are some other settings (ambience type adjustments) that may make a difference as well.....but all in all,if you have enough USB ports on your laptop and you can spare this one for this card, i wouldn't spend the money on the echo card. I never really polished up though how to use the top and bottom plugs on the echo card to possible run sound out of two ports on card and bring into two unique lines on mixer, that might be worth the money if you can figure it out?? I don't think with Hoster you can pick the sound card, but with your DJ software you may be able to go in and choose a different port and assign to lower output jack on echo card???

Good Luck and let me know if you figure "that" out. But I bought more turtle beach USB audio devices because I"m putting on all my laptops for DJ and karoake.

Randy
thanx, and will do too!