MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 27th, 2007, 12:53 AM

Graphics problem with first imported track - Caused by very old CD drive not useable

I've just upgraded to Microstudio 4.0 and attempting to import 450+ CDGs from my wife's personal CDG collection to my hard drive. Basically, I want to replace that huge 3X150CDG changer with a single computer.

During the import, I'm noticing that the first song of every CDG imported will display graphic corruption on the screen when played back. Characteristics of the corruption:
- If you refresh the CDG screen (i.e. maximize it, resize it, restore it) the corruption clears until the lyric color sweep or a page change.
- All the other songs from the import playback fine, the 2nd through the last.
- If I choose to import starting with Track 2 (i.e. uncheck track 1), because track2 will be the first to import, track 2 becomes corrupted. If I reimport both Track 1 and Track 2, Track 1 becomes corrupted, and overwritten Track 2 works fine.

That last point, to me, indicates a bug with the importing process, rather than something with the CDG.

If I continue, I'll loose 1 track per cd, meaning I'll loose about 450 songs!
Old March 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

How about a few more equipment details, operating system, CD or DVD drive make/model, etc.? You may not think this is important but every computer is different. It can be as small a difference as one setting being different can cause a computer to function incorrectly.
No one else that I know of has reported this problem in the forums for this version, so we need all the details we can get.
What condition are these CD's in and does it seem to take a long time to get track 1 imported?
Old April 22nd, 2007, 01:00 AM

I was wrong to blame MTU on this thread

I reinstalled MTU4 on my new desktop (after uninstalling it from the original- to comply with the license agreement of course), and attempted a rip several of the CDs that had the graphics problems and wow. It worked. I was wrong to blame the software when this experience, as well as your helpful reply, shows that it was hardware. Thanks very much for responding!

Anycase:
CD Drive that didn't work: F: SONY CD-RW CRX160E 1.1b
CD Drive that worked: F: SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148A B400

Computer that didn't work: Sony PVC-RX380DS (default hardware, WinXP)
Computer that worked:Sony VGC-RB43 (only the video card upgraded, WinXP)

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Jance; April 22nd, 2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old April 29th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Administrator

It's probably the Sony CD-RW CRX160E 1.1b drive. Its very old technology, and may not work correctly with the new method that Microstudio 4.0 uses to recognize drives and read/write tracks. Check the Tools menu, Default Drives command. If it shows No for anything, then the drive won't work. Please read the manual on this Tools menu command for how it works.

I'm glad you have solved the problem. As Dale said, we have never had this problem reported before.