MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 12th, 2008, 01:42 PM

Microstudio reset??

I am wanting to discontinue Microstudio on the desktop and bring it up on a laptop.

A year or so ago, I transferred Hoster to this laptop with a reset.

Last night, I tried loading Microstudio on the laptop and everything appeared as it is supposed to. It sent the registration number in to the MTU office and it indicated that it was installed correctly. It rebooted and all went good.

When I tried to run it, It sent a message that says "my serial number doesn't match the registration number".

Do I need a reset from MTU fot microstudio even asfter Hoster is on the laptop? I was hoping when it transmitted the code to MTU, that if things were not right, it would have stopped the installation at that time.

I want to upgrade to the new microstudio. I think I will have to have the older version up and running before the up-grade. Any comments.

Thanks, Phil
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Was Microstudio the only program you transferred? This has happened in the past with the older versions, that when installing another MTU program it breaks the earlier install. Try re-installing Microstudio.
If that doesn't work then submit a Support Email (Support page on website) to get MTU to reset your registration.
Old September 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM

Microstudio

yes it was the only one I tried to move over, but I did already have hoster on the little laptop.

I had it on the desktop unit and I started having copy problems with it. Probably drivers and so forth. It used to make real good copies with Goldenhawk or Microstudio using a plextor PX 716. all of a sudden, things stopped working like they used to with either program. A fifteen year old grandaughter started using the desktop quite a bit. I'm not saying she did anything, but funny things started happening about then.

So I decided to put it on a small laptop and abandon it on the desktop until I get things squared away again on it. ( I am in the process of reloading and reconfiguring XP Pro now.) So I downloaded and installed it a couple of times and I kept getting the same message. If I can get it going on the small laptop, that will give me some tme to get the desktop all up and running, then I will contact MTU to see about getting it back on there. I just don't want to give them the idea that I am resetting and putting it on a half dozen computers with all the resets.

I really like working on stuff on the desktop.

Phil
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

For your Plextor 716 go to their web page and get the latest drivers for the drive. It could just be that the drive is wearing out. The laser's on those do weaken with age and begin to make bad copies.
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Administrator

You have only installed Microstudio on you computer with MTU CPU Name "pc". You can install it on a second computer without needing MTU.
Enjoy!

BTW: It DOES sound like your Granddaughter has visited a web site that has infected your computer with Lord only knows what... viruses, Trojans, Worms. Be sure you don't have any valuable data (such as home accounting, or stock or bank accounts) that you access over the Internet on that computer. If your "pc" now has a Trojan, it IS sending your keystrokes, passwords, etc. to (probably) a Russian web server. If that happens, it is sold worldwide in minutes!

Don't want to scare you, but a similar thing happened to my wife's computer when her son visited a Kazzz site. I found 29 nasties on her computer after his visit!
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Angry Difficulty getting Microstudio re-set

I have been trying for 3 days to get MTU to reset my Microstudio. I am very frustrated that they make their good customers jump through hoops to use their products.

Mr.Bill
Old October 9th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

How have you been trying to get them to reset it? Did you send a support email from the Support page?
You really should start a new thread for your problem with a title so that Admin will see it. If you bury it in another thread like this it won't be seen as easily.
When you post your new thread be sure to include what version, what the error message is that you are getting, and what happened to cause you to have to install again. That way they have all the information they need to help you. MTU has been extremely busy and there are only 3 employees so they have been running a bit behind.