MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 17th, 2004, 08:45 AM

Microstudio 2604

I have just purchased microstudio 2604. i followed every instruction to the letter but can not get it to work . keep getting the message that the serial number does not match the registration code.
my hard drive has been formatted and windows loaded onto drive C. i have run the instalation program numerous times and still no luck. can you sort this out as it is very urgent i have the software working that i have payed for.
Old June 24th, 2004, 12:36 PM

Did you enter the correct e-mail address? the one you were asked for when purchasing the program. also you nust correctly put in the registration number. you can cut & paste it.
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:52 PM

This problem is due to a bug in our Security for Windows 98SE and ME. To fix this, install a Network card in your computer for the software to correctly install and run.

NOTE: this is only for Windows 98SE and ME as there is no problem with Windows 2000 or XP.

We are not sure how long it will take to get this fixed, but I am guessing about 4 weeks.

The Simple fix for right now, is to get a USB Network card from any computer store. Install this on your computer. The Reinstall the Microstudio Software, reboot your computer, and Microstudio should run without the error.
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:09 AM

Buy a USB card?

I ordered software and expected it to work upon download ( for a customer that I recommended MTU). Now your telling me I have to tell him that in order for this program to work, I now also have to charge him for a USB card to run this program. I'm thinking of what he'll say when I tell him that. I highly recommend MTU products to every one, but after this mess, I'm not so sure to do so. I also installed a network card to see if it would work...to no avail.
Old July 12th, 2004, 08:08 AM

rsmith5102 ,
a little reading goes a long way. Hoster is not and hasn't been recommended to run on windows se, & me for quite a while. The website says win 2000 or xp pro.

while it will work on se or me there are trade offs. As old as thet machine is, is it fast enough, and have enough memory to run it. this would be my next question.

please go to the website, and read the requirements for hoster. If his machine is very out dated, it may not have the power.
Old July 12th, 2004, 08:49 AM

That's true, but this is Microstudio. Like you said, a little reading...

George
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:13 AM

Forgot to mention, I'm running Microstudio 2604 with no problems on a 98SE box, so I don't believe this is a general problem, security bug or not. Although it is a 98SE operating system(a very stable os) it is by no means an "old computer". It has been upgraded over the years as newer and better processors, hard drives, etc have come on the market. Maybe that's the difference, I don't know.

Here's what's in there as of this moment, and Microstudio 2604 works fine.

98SE, DIRECTX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0901)
INTEL P3 @860MHZ
GIGABYTE 6VXE7, 256MG RAM
ATI RAGE FURY PRO 2000
CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER PC1128
PLEXTORS 8X AND 40X
2 MAXTOR 40 GB HARD DRIVES
SMC1211SERIES NETWORK CARD

Don't know if this info will help or not.

George

Last edited by George; July 12th, 2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:14 AM

OOPS!!!!!!
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:27 AM

Welcome to the club...been there...done that, more than once

George
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:23 PM

Wink ...And so the saying goes...

It can happen to all of us.

Regards,

Jon
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:39 PM

Windows ME computer

The problem is upon running the installation process. It will begin installing, but then stops and prompts to insert a floppy and connect to the internet on another computer with it. When the computer connects, an error message appears and the process ends. My customer wants his computer returned ASAP, and I don't know when to tell him I can have his new program installed.
Old July 12th, 2004, 01:56 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if the problem isn't because he purchased and registered with his email address and you're trying to install it from a different address. I don't know how deep MTU's security goes, but this just popped into mind, and could possibly explain a registration error.

Any comments, MTU ?

George
Old July 12th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Several problems here...

Quote:
Originally posted by rsmith5102
The problem is upon running the installation process. It will begin installing, but then stops and prompts to insert a floppy and connect to the internet on another computer with it. When the computer connects, an error message appears and the process ends. My customer wants his computer returned ASAP, and I don't know when to tell him I can have his new program installed.
Let me first say we truly appreciate your recommending MTU software.

It now seems like there are several problems here.

First, Microstudio 2.604 DOES have a security problem with Windows 98SE and ME. We didn't do anything that we are aware of other than use Microsoft's Visual Studio to develop our products. The security code has not been touched this year. Thus, there is something that has now caused this problem. We will try to solve this as soon as we can, but our security programmer is out of the country at the moment, and overdue to return.

Second, we are just about ready to say we don't support Win 98SE or ME any longer. If we can't solve this problem soon, we will develop a plan to refund your money if this error appears. This problem surfaced in 2.604 when a LARGE number of users - so far thousands - installed it and only a handfull see this problem.

Third, we have a work-around! We are elated that we did find a work-around. That's all we can do at this time. If your customer doesn't like it, I am truly sorry. Tell your customer he should consider upgrading to Win XP Home or Pro to prevent problems in the future. It will continue to get worse as we use more of the Microsoft advanced tools to add more powerful features that 98/ME don't and can't support. We simply can't squeeze more blood out of the 98/ME turnip.

Forth, there may be something else wrong with the registration data if you are using a Floppy Disc. I would suggest you connect the computer to the Internet (but NOT through AOL as you can instantly receive multiple viruses from their site!!!! ), and see if you can register without the Floppy Disc. If you still have the same problem, uninstall 2.604 with the 2.604 install program (it saves all your entries), then install it again. Let us know if this helps.

We expect to release 2.605 this week supporting the new Plextor 712 drives. We were hoping to have a fix by now for the security problem, but we don't and we can't wait to get the drive upgrade out.
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:58 AM

Win ME install

Thanks for your quick response. I also agree with the win 98, ME issues. I suggest to all my customers to upgrade OS to Xp. Some dont want to pay the price, but you see what they get. I will try your options and see what happens. Thanks again! You guys are the best !
Old July 13th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Re: Win ME install

Quote:
Originally posted by rsmith5102
Thanks for your quick response. I also agree with the win 98, ME issues. I suggest to all my customers to upgrade OS to Xp. Some dont want to pay the price, but you see what they get. I will try your options and see what happens. Thanks again! You guys are the best !
Love your attitude also!!!

We try, and as you clearly understand, things happen beyond our control. All we can do is try to find a work-around.
Old July 18th, 2004, 11:12 PM

Install update

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Love your attitude also!!!

We try, and as you clearly understand, things happen beyond our control. All we can do is try to find a work-around.

I upgraded the OS to XP Home, uninstalled the microstudio install program, connected to the internet on that computer and redownloaded the install.
Upon installation, still connected to the internet, once again it prompts for a floppy to be inserted into another computer connected to the internet to runme.exe.?? Figure that one out.
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:17 AM

Hey, it's gotta happen sometime.

I left out the part in the previous post that the runme.exe would not complete on the internet, an error mess. would appear with a prompt to send to microsoft. It's amazing what a bad batch of floppys can do to your world. I went and bought some new floppys, tried install again, and went perfect. After, I checked all others from old opened package, all were non responsive upon testing. Sorry to take your time up with a problem I should have checked to begin with. Who checks their floppies? Geez, its computer stuff, it's all supposed to work when it's new! So, until the next time I'm empty headed, have fun with MTU's products!

Last edited by rsmith5102; July 19th, 2004 at 12:23 AM.